When planning a Summer wedding, one of the biggest challenges is to look and feel beautiful despite the horrible heat and humidity in St. Louis.
After you spent so much time picking out the perfect wedding gown, the most beautiful jewelry and experimenting with how to wear your hair, the last thing you want on your wedding day is to feel like a smeared, sticky, sweaty mess.
While extreme temperatures present challenges, you can still have a beautiful day using the following tips and a little careful planning:
- Go light on the makeup. Heavy makeup is more likely to smear as the day heats up. Tinted moisturizer and colored lip gloss can add color to your face, without caking on lots of creamy foundation.
- If you like the look, wear your hair up in a sleek style, to avoid frizz. For flowing hairstyles, make sure you wash and condition with anti-humidity products and use a firm hold hair spray. A hair straightening gel can also help keep the frizz at bay.
- Wrap the stems of your bouquet with a paper towel. This will help your hands stay dry and also give you an emergency quick fix if you need to gently dab your forehead or face.
- Bring along a hand held, battery operated fan, so that if you’re taking pictures outside or even just climbing into a hot car on the way to the reception, you can keep your face cool until you’re able to enjoy air conditioning.
- Keep a few small sponges in a Ziploc bag and a sample size deodorant in your purse. Sponges can be used to dab wetness from your underarms or chest, so that you don’t run the risk of having tissue residue on your skin.
- Keep a small bottle of talcum powder on hand. Sprinkling a little powder under the waistband of your panty hose or into your shoes, can give you a reprieve from feeling sticky.
- Place a small overnight bag in the ladies’ restroom at your reception hall. If you are warm from dancing or greeting the crowd, a quick shot from the cool feature on your blow dryer can ward off wet hair around your neck and set your makeup as well.
- Stock up on over the counter migraine pills, Excedrin and Ibuprofen to ward off any heat-related headaches that may threaten to ruin your day. In addition, be sure to eat at least small, protein-rich snacks throughout the day and drink plenty of water.
St. Louis Target stores carry a good selection of anti-humidity hair products such as the John Frieda brand, as well as sample size deodorants. You can also pick up a small hair dryer, sponges and Ziploc bags while you’re there.
For a wonderful way to keep your makeup looking set, without adding the pore-enlarging effect of powder, try Evercolor Poreless Face Defender by Mally Beauty.
With a little extra initiative and making sure your schedule isn’t too rushed, you can have a beautiful wedding, even in the midst of the Summer heat.
If you would like tips for making all your special occasions memorable, please subscribe for free to the St. Louis Special Occasions Examiner.
Or, for more ideas on how to make your special occasions memorable:
Country music star Carrie Underwood gets married to NHL hockey player Mike Fisher
St. Louis family reunion: Games and ice breaker ideas to make your day fun and memorable
Taking the kids on vacation: Travel activities and games to make the family road trip special
Your summer wedding in St. Louis: Tips for working around the heat to get great outdoor photos
Get your own social networking buttons
Advertise your business or promote your event with
the St. Louis Special Occasions Examiner.
30 full days of exposure for a low, flat fee, and no competitor ads!
(photo source: Morguefile.com)