Tonight’s meal is especially easy as we’re using the London Broil left from Day 2 and the Yellow Rice left from Day 4 to make these delicious Beef & Bean Burritos. So sit back and relax ’cause the busy work week is almost over and this easy meal will just ease you right into the weekend. For the complete Week 21 Meal Plan, go to “Week 21 Easy Meals Plan & Grocery List.”
From this week’s groceries you will need:
(Note: these weekly meals are planned for one person but are easily adjusted for more.)
1 small can beans (use your choice of black beans, kidney beans, pinto beans, etc.)
leftover yellow rice from Day 4’s meal
leftover London Broil beef from Day 2’s meal
1 tablespoon olive oil
ready-to-eat salad greens left from Day 4’s meal
remainder of green onions from Day 4’s meal
drizzle of olive oil and vinegar, such as balsamic or red wine vinegar
salt and pepper
sour cream, optional
Note: For the complete Week 21 Grocery List, go to Week 21 Easy Meals Plan & Grocery List.
• Open the beans and place in a colander. Thoroughly rinse the beans under cold running water and let drain.
• Heat the leftover yellow rice from Day 4’s meal in the microwave or in a small saucepan on the stove over low heat.
• Heat the rinsed, drained beans in the microwave or in a small saucepan over low heat on the stove.
• Using a sharp carving knife and carving across the grain of the meat, thinly slice the leftover London Broil from Day 2’s meal.
• Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in s skillet over medium-high heat. When hot, add the slices of beef and quickly sauté just until heated and starting to brown around the edges. Remove from heat.
• Place some ready-to-eat salad greens left from Day 4’s meal in a bowl.
• Trim off and discard the root ends of the green onions and thinly slice. Add to the salad greens and toss together with a drizzle of olive oil and vinegar and a little salt and pepper.
• Quickly heat a flour tortilla either in the microwave for a few seconds or over a burner on the stove for a few seconds.
• Place the warmed tortilla on a plate. Pile some of the sliced beef, some warmed yellow rice and some warmed beans in the middle of the tortilla. Drizzle with hot sauce (recommended: Pico Pica) and/or sour cream, if desired. Fold in one of the short ends of the tortilla and roll up from one of the long ends to form a burrito. Serve with tossed green salad.
Another busy week coming to an end as is Week 21’s Easy Meals. Hope the weekly plan and grocery list helped to make your busy weeknights a little easier. These weekly menu plans with corresponding grocery lists are designed for people with little or no experience cooking to help make those busy weeknights a little less stressful. To receive e-mail alerts for new articles from the San Jose Easy Meals Examiner, click on the Subscribe button on my home page.