Twitter is having fun today celebrating “women in writing” with hashtag #womeninwriting.
Literary agents, editors, publishers, and authors are all having fun tweeting and informing readers about other important and contributing women in the field of publishing.
@GalleyCat:’s Dear Author cofounder, Jane Little, @jane_l on Twitter, launched #womeninpublishing hashtag today; we are collecting responses in a directory.
Sample Tweet: @HelenKayDimon: Best writing advice I ever got came from my late editor Kate Duffy: Your career should be a marathon not a sprint. #womeninpublishing
@NeedMondyBlogg says, #womeninpublishing a book blogger who not only reads, writes, but is taking blogging to the next level: @bookladysbl… http://ow.ly/18vZ7O
Here are some of the people Tweeting today at #womeninwriting:
- @Sue Grimshaw: Romance Buyer for Borders Group Inc; watch our True Romance Video’s at Borders True Romance Blog & Borders True Romance Blog
- @Laura Bradford: Literary Agent at Bradford Literary Agency. I made it myself.
- @Yen Cheong: Associate Director of Digital Media and Publicity at a large publishing house. Media junkie. Gadget freak. Runner. Author of The Book Publicity Blog.
- @Lydia Dishman: Freelance features writer for print and web. Find me at BNET, Fast Company, Entrepeneur and others. NYC transplant to the South.
- @Megan Fitzpatrick: I do marketing & publicity for the amazing audiobooks our (totally fun) team at Hachette Audio produces, and I also enjoy a wonderful life out and about in NYC.
- @Rose Fox: PW reviews editor. About.com health editor. Not an official spokesperson. New Yorker. Married, with girlfriend. Skeptical optimist. Pragmatic hedonist.
- @Rachelle Gardner: Literary agent, firefighter’s wife, mom of two awesome girls, Christ follower. I like books, music, and Starbucks, not necessarily in that order.
- @Laura Anne Gilman: I’m a novelist, a short story writer, a freelance editor, a wine nerd, a traveler, & a student of whatever intrigues me.
- @Ami Greko: All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world. So there was only one thing that I could do.
- @Angela James: Executive Editor for Carina Press, Harlequin’s digital-first imprint. Dragging the world to the digital dark side, one reader at a time.
- @Moriah Jovan: Author, publisher, entrepreneur, and reader. I write stories that engage the libido, the heart, and the IQ.
- @Stacia Kane: I write books. People even publish them. It’s pretty cool.
- @Kassia Krozser: Thinking too much about books, technology, and people.
- @Colleen Lindsay: Publishing insurgent. People connector. Digital proselytizer. Queer human. Pop culture junkie. Sartorial tragedy. Cat herder. Professional nerd.
- @Jane Little: blogging about books, technology, and life. They converge at some point.
- @Kat Meyer: Champion of storytelling in all forms + formats. Community Manager for O’Reilly’s Tools of Change. Reader advocate at #followreader
- @Courtney Milan: Author of romance novels set in early Victorian England
- @Jenn Northington: bookseller for life, gadget-obsessed, fangirl for all things nerdy, reader/writer/art-dabbler
- @Carolyn Pittis: Book marketing girl @HarperCollins, power gardener, bicycler, historian, eclectic retweeter. Tell me something interesting!
- @Kate Rados: I’m a digi-nerd, marketer, singer, and clueless crafter.
- @Lilith Saintcrow: Bedraggled but proud.
- @Anne Sowards: science fiction & fantasy editor at Penguin (vampires & wizards & spaceships, oh my).
- @Debbie Stier: Enthusiast, Seeker, Reader, Mom
- @Malle Vallik: Social media, digital content, book publishing, writer, Harlequin
- @Sarah Wendell: I’m Sarah from Smart Bitches, I like Trashy Books
- @Zoe Winters: Indie author of snarky paranormal romance. Read KEPT free at zoewinters.org follower notifications off.
See you at #womeninpublishing today as @PatHauldren.