Survey Suggests Parents Often Unfulfilled With Theme Park Family Vacations and Ready to Break Away
Travel Ticker®, a leading inspirational travel website, has announced the results of its 2010 Family Vacation Survey, conducted by Harris Interactive®. This year, 80 percent of parents who go on family vacations say they would prefer to visit a non-theme park destination for their next family trip if cost and planning efforts were comparable.
To help, the experts at Travel Ticker have done all the planning work for them, finding affordable family trip ideas for an experience better than any theme park.
It’s no surprise that the 2010 Family Vacation Survey found that 97 percent of parents who go on family vacations want a trip that both they and their children will enjoy.
What is surprising is that the majority (62 percent) also feel that the vacations end up being only about their children’s preferences rather than their own. Theme parks are family vacation hot spots because kids love them and they are easy to plan, but it’s clear that parents aren’t getting much of a vacation for themselves.
The team at Travel Ticker wants all parents to know that they can take a family trip everyone will love, and, it’s easier and cheaper than they think. You just need to know the tricks.
“Parents are busy and they want the best for their kids, which is why plug-and-play theme park trips are so popular,” said Barbara Messing, General Manager of Travel Ticker. “But the Family Vacation Survey confirms what I’ve heard so often – parents don’t get much enjoyment for themselves.”
“So I’d like to help them find an amazing vacation for everyone without sacrificing the fun for the kids or spending a lot of money.”
Here are Travel Ticker’s top five theme park free family vacation ideas:
1. Beach/All-Inclusive: Fun activities for you and the kids, amazing food, yummy drinks and beautiful beaches that’s all pre-planned and available for one low price? That’s the magic of an all-inclusive resort. Taking a family beach vacation can be the pinnacle of stress-free vacations.
o Riviera Maya eco-resort: 50% off all-inclusive stay — $64 – Go green, save green — up to 50%. The all-inclusive Sandos Caracol Eco-resort & Spa in Mexico’s Riviera Maya is $64 per person, per night. Kids stay, play, and eat at no charge, and guests can enjoy the new water park. Valid select dates, now-December 20.
2. Cultural: Europe is the crème de la crème if you’re looking for a rich, eye-opening cultural experience. And London has enough culture and excitement to satisfy the entire family. And as the exchange rate continues to change in our favor, this year is a great time to skip over the pond with a steal of a deal. Cheers!
o 7-day London offer with hotel, tours, shows & more, $750 – London’s calling, answer for just $750. This 7-day London package includes your hotel stay, a guided tour, West End show tickets, bus and tube transportation, daily breakfast, and more for a low $750 per person. Travel July 6-September 1.
3. Adventure: Hike through the Amazon, swing on a jungle vine like Tarzan or experience the mystical “Lost City in the Clouds” with your family adventure to South America. With family-friendly vacation packages that make planning easy, exotic destinations like Costa Rica and Panama are more accessible than ever – and at a value beyond your wildest dreams.
o 5-day Panama trip with air, hotel, breakfast & tours — $549* – Panama’s best for $110 per day. Gate 1 is offering a 5-day trip to Panama that includes a round-trip flight from the U.S., 4 nights in Panama City, daily breakfast, transfers, and tours from just $549*. Valid select dates, October 6, 2010-April 20, 2011.
4. Edutainment: Big cities are the perfect combination of education and entertainment, and they’re sure to keep both kids and parents delighted. When it comes to cities, there is no place like New York to experience a huge array of edutainment options at prices that can fit any budget.
Explore the world-famous FAO Schwarz Fifth Avenue store, discover the city’s fascinating history with free Big Apple Greeter tours or visit some of the world-famous museums.
o $129 NYC hotel in Midtown, includes weekends (reg. $209) – Midtown for $129: best deal in town. The Thirty Thirty Hotel in Midtown Manhattan has rates from just $129 on select dates, July 11-September 6. Stay over Fourth of July weekend for only $159. This is the best offer we’ve seen all year in NYC.
5. Au Naturel: Take in the sights and appreciate Mother Nature at her finest with a trip that’s sure to leave everyone with a meaningful and lasting impression. Vermont is a great family destination to experience the beauty of Earth. Let the kids eExperience the Green Mountains and relax with a slip into the spa – all for an amazingly low price.
o Vermont exclusive: scenic AAA Four Diamond resort, $149 – Save green in the Green Mountains. Experience The Essex Resort & Spa, nestled in Vermont’s mountainside near Burlington, for $149 (2-night min.). For $50 more, upgrade to the spa package and receive massages, breakfast, and more. Valid now-September 30.
The Travel Ticker team constantly updates their dedicated Family Travel page with inspirational deals for the family on a dime
Re travel: San Francisco residents can reach anywhere by flying from local SFO International Airport. Deals can be found online at www.kayak.com.