After wild card night, America’s Got Talent advanced four more acts, bringing the current semi-finalist list to a total of 24 acts. Here’s a look at the latest results, plus a look at the top 24 semi-finalists on America’s competition reality hit of the season.
Wild card night on America’s Got Talent:
Piers Morgan decided to bring back the following acts for wild card night:
- Anna and Patryck: A pair of talented 12-year-old ballroom dancers.
- Doogie Horner: The comedian from Philadelphia.
- Kruti Dance Academy: An Indian dance troupe from Atlanta.
- Harmonica Pierre: The talented harmonica player.
Sharon Osbourne decided to bring back the following acts for wild card night:
- Rudi Macaggi: The dangerous magician from New York.
- Michael Lipari and Ashleigh DeJon: Aerialists who surprised and stunned the audience and judges.
- Michael Grasso: A master illusionist from New Jersey.
- RNG: The young hip hop dance group from Seattle.
Howie Mandell decided to bring back the following acts for wild card night:
- Connor Doran: The graceful kite flyer.
- Hot Shot Tap Dancers: Sibling tap dancers from Portland.
- CJ Dippa: A young rapper who writes all his own music.
- Swing Shift Side Show: A daring circus act.
Here’s how the 12 wild card acts were grouped for the results show:
- Kruti Dance Academy
- Michael Grasso
- Swing Shift Side Show
- Rudi Magacci
The winner: Michael Grasso
What Sharon Osbourne had to say: “Michael definitely raised his game. It was so fantastic last night and I have faith it will get bigger and more fantastic.”
Response from Michael Grasso: “This has been one of the greatest experiences of my life. I’m just in awe.”
- Anna and Patryk
- Hot Shot Tap Dancers
The winner: Anna and Patryk
Comment from Piers Morgan: “Anna and Patryk had great chemistry, great attitude and fantastic dancing.”
Response from Patryk: “We want to thank Piers for bringing us back.”
- CJ Dippa
- Connor Doran
The winner: Connor Doran
Comment from Sharon Osbourne: “The way you interpret the music in your kite flying always amazes me.”
Comment from Howie Mandell: “I am so proud of you. I can’t wait to see you next week.”
Response from Connor Doran: “I have to give CJ credit. He’s an amazing rapper and a great friend.”
- Doogie Horner: Comedian and Piers Morgan’s pick.
- Harmonica Pierre: Another pick by Piers Morgan.
- Michael Lipari and Ashleigh DeJon: Amazing aerialists and pick of Sharon Osbourne.
Comedian Doogie Horner was the first to leave, and then the judges had to decide on the last semi-finalist. Of course, Piers Morgan stood behind his choice of Harmonica Pierre, but Sharon Osbourne and Howie Mandell chose the aerialists.
The winner: Michael Lipari and Ashleigh DeJon.
Comment from Sharon Osbourne: “For me, it’s all about my pick. They’re edgy and exciting and deserve to go through.”
Response from Ashleigh: “Everything we envisioned happened last night.”
The Top 24 semi-finalists on America’s Got Talent:
- Singer Nathaniel Kenyon: The singer, musician and teen heartthrob with Justin Bieber hair.
- Troupe Fighting Gravity: The gravity-defying fraternity brothers who are a cross between Cirque de Soleil and Blue Man Group.
- Sister singers Ali and Christina: Singers and sisters battling cystic fibrosis
- Dancers Future Funk: Hip hop dancers with amazing personalities and universal appeal.
- Performers AscenDance: The amazing dance crew that performs on a rock wall added two new performers this week.
- Singer Alice Tan Ridley: Mom of actress Gabourey Sidibe who got her start singing in the subways of New York City.
- Singer Michael Grimm: Howie Mandell’s favorite singer in the competition.
- Performer Antonio Restivo: The entertainer extraordinaire who likes to play with fire.
- Dancer and performer Haspop: The performer from France who combines mime, dance and comedy to perfection
- Dance troupe Studio One Young Beast Society: A group of friends and family members who love to dance and perform high-risk tricks.
- Singer Debra Romer: The petite singer with a big voice and a touch of vulnerability.
- Stunt cyclist Jeremy Vanschoonhoven: The young stunt biker with big dreams and even bigger tricks.
- Magician Murray: The amazing magician who became a U.S. citizen only 16 months ago and caused Howie Mandel to “pee himself a little.”
- Singer Taylor Matthews: The singer from Alexandria, LA. Who was inspired by his dad.
- Opera singer Prince Poppycock: The flamboyant entertainer who’s a fantastic opera singer.
- Entertainers Arcattack: The quintet that rocks out to music with electricity and lightning.
- Pianist Maestro Alexander Bui: The concert-quality classical pianist from You Tube.
- Magician Dan Sperry: The uniquely odd You Tube magician who freaked out Howie Mandell.
- Opera singer Jackie Evancho: The amazing 10-year-old singer from You Tube who earned a standing ovation from all three judges.
- Singer Kristina Young: The You Tube singer with the Pat Benatar vibe.
- Magician Michael Grasso: Sharon Osbourne’s wild card pick and magician extraordinaire.
- Dancers Anna and Patryk: Piers Morgan’s wild card pick and amazing 12-year-old ballroom dancers.
- Kite flyer Connor Doran: Howie Mandell’s wild card pick.
- Aerialists Michael Lipari and Ashleigh DeJon: Sharon Osbourne’s wild card pick.
America’s Got Talent airs at 9/8c on Tuesdays on NBC, followed by a results show on Wednesdays. Next week, the 24 semi-finalists will begin to compete head-to-head for a shot at making the finals.
So, what do you think? Did America get it right for the semi-finals? Who are your favorite acts and who has the best chance to win it all? Be sure to leave your thoughts and comments below.
More articles about America’s Got Talent:
- Top 20 acts on “America’s Got Talent’ advance to the semi-finals
- Is Prince Poppycock the Adam Lambert of ‘America’s Got Talent’?
- Taylor Matthews and Prince Poppycock advance on ‘America’s Got Talent’
- Haspop and Jeremy Vanschoonhoven advance on ‘America’s Got Talent’
- Ascendance and Antonio Restivo advance on ‘America’s Got Talent’
- Alice Tan Ridley on ‘America’s Got Talent’: ‘It’s my turn’
- Whatever happened to Kevin Skinner from ‘America’s Got Talent?’
- Future Funk and Fighting Gravity advance on ‘America’s Got Talent’
- How to win ‘America’s Got Talent’: By Piers Morgan and Nuttin But Stringz
Do you want to stay in-the-know? Then sign up to get my articles personally delivered to your in-box. Just click on SUBSCRIBE, and you’ll stay up-to-the-minute with your favorite reality shows and stars.