Seventeen articles were published by me during the past week within seven categories. Here’s a brief review of the topics I covered:
1. In the news: The Highland Fest gave people a reason to gather and have fun last weekend; the Twin Cities Bacon Takedown offered up some “redonkulous” bacon concoctions yesterday at O’Gara’s in St. Paul, and the fact that Minnesota blueberries are back and in great supply was announced.
2. A recall made news: There was a recall on July 16th of Slim-30 Herb Supplement.
3. Minneapolis grocery stores and specialty markets: Rustica was named the City Pages Best Bakery of 2010, and Brothers Meat and Seafood in Maple Grove was featured. The diversity of our city was brought out in two articles, namely: The Midtown Global Market (in the old Sears building on Lake Street), and the Mercado Central Cooperative, also on Lake Street.
4. There were food reviews of three Trader Joe’s products: Gourmet White Popcorn, their Trek Mix Granola Cereal, Nut and Berry Blend, and their Trek Mix Granola Cereal, Simply Almonds, Cashews & Cranberries. I liked all three enough to give them each 5 stars.
5. One sports venue, the Target Center, was featured as to food courts in that facility, and also a list of nearby restaurants was linked from the suggested list on the Target Center website. This article also made the announcement that the Minnesota Lynx are back, having held their first game of the year on July 14th.
6. Profile was a new category that I added. My first article that fits this category was about Chef Sameh Wadi who came in at a close second to winner Iron Chef Masaharu Morimoto during the Food Network’s “Iron Chef America” show in January.
7. Websites that deliver: I highlighted three websites that I enjoy, namely: Culinate, The Spa Index, and Epicurious. Epicurious received two nods as I did a second article related to that website on the Epicurious food trend predictions for 2010.
Stay tuned for more articles about a variety of food and drink topics concerning the Minneapolis area!
You are always invited to comment on any article, or to subscribe to receive emails alerting you to articles as they are published. I appreciate your visiting this site and helping to spread the word about it and also the Minneapolis foods and events about which I write!