She stands in the mirror gazing at the beautiful image that she is, externally. She has paid top dollar to get her hair ready and she has chosen the right dress, the right heels and even the right scent. After putting on her lipstick, she is ready to head out. On her way out the door, she grabs her bible and off to church she goes. She is not your typical church goer. In truth, getting the Word of GOD is not her intention. Getting that man of GOD is.
She eases her way to the front of the church. She comes early to make sure that she is seen. In truth, she likes to sit in that same spot every Sunday. You would think that minister is single, right? But no. He is married and she has her eyes set on him. In her mind, she will win him over. She has the looks and she has invested much into her appearance to make sure that she is noticeable. Who is she? There are many things that we can call this woman in the natural, but spiritually, we know her as Jezebel. Attracted to power, she refuses to settle for your ordinary 8-5 man. No, she wants a leader and she will rest at nothing to get him.
Jezebel has many tactics, but her favorite maneuver is seduction. Teamed up with manipulation, seduction is not powerless. She is seemingly very pleasant. As a matter of fact, she has volunteered to help around the church. She has given gifts to your wife and children and she seems to be very charismatic. But, the truth is, this is a form of manipulation. You see, traditionally, men are visual creatures, while women look more into the depth of a person. For example, it may be obvious to a man’s wife that a woman is flirting with her husband, but he may mistake it as common generosity and Jezebel feeds on this.
Seduction: Women with this spirit, in most cases, are very attractive and they know it. They put a lot of time and money into their appearance because they know that if a man is not walking under the protection of the anointing, he is walking astray. And how does she get him off course? Let’s review some of the seduction tools used to lure him away:
2. Eye to eye contact: While eye to eye contact is always encouraged when communicating with people, you will find that a woman trying to seduce a man gives it in excess.
3. Touching: Maybe it is a handshake, hand grab, a slight push or fumbling around with his hair, these spirits love to cause their host to touch their intended prey. Why? Because we are spiritual beings in the flesh. Meaning, while he may love GOD, he is still but a man. Many touchy behaviors are gestures intended to let the man know that she is attracted to him. It is a form of flirtation. They may also ask the man of GOD to touch them to release the anointing on painful joints. The object is to entice!
4. Flirtation: Some women start off trying to be the least noticeable, while others are downright upfront. Either way, Jezebel is not shy about what she wants.
5. Revealing: Jezebels love to wear revealing clothes. After all, she is trying to seduce that minister’s flesh. And if she feels that her presence may be obvious through revealing clothes, she will try ‘accidentally’ showing him a limb, or her skirt may ‘accidentally’ split. She seems so nice and harmless, so the good ol’ minister wants to give her a hand in fixing it and may find his flesh getting the best of him.
1. Extremely courteous and helpful. She may offer herself up to run the church erands, pick up or even cook the man of GOD’s food, clean up the church after service….she is just all around seemingly too-good-to-be-true.
2. Emotional outpours: She has always been so calm and nice, but all of a sudden, one day, she is highly emotional. Seems that her boyfriend (who is just conveniently just became her ex-boyfriend), doesn’t want to leave her alone. The object is to ‘appear’ to be that perfect combination of the woman most men want. She’s nice, helpful, beautiful and a little vulnerable. Yeah, right.
3. Charitable liar: A Jezebel must appear to be first lady material. So, she rolls up her sleeves, snaps off those nails and offers up some time for charitable work. But, it’s just a mirage.
4. Getting too close: Jezebels always try to get close to their intended prey. Did you think all that helping out in the church, tolerating your wife and children and those countless hours of agonizing charitable work was for nothing? No! Jezebel wants to come for dinner…or invite you! She may call just as much as she blinks. Either way, it is obvious that this woman is working for something and she is looking to collect her wages!
Men and women of GOD, this spirit is real and it has three objectives:
(1.) Destroy that ministry
(2.) Destroy that man of GOD and his family.
(3.) Like the Jezebel in the bible, she wants to sit in a position of power. You see, if a spirit can control you, it can control everyone under you. That is why, the more people that you have authority over, the more likely you are to come in contact with a woman with this spirit.
And no, this spirit is not limited to women only! Jezebels show up in men as well. Sorry, ladies, better stay prayed up. Again, love is not the motive. Jezebel wants to usurp that authority from the one that holds it. They are, in the majority of cases, in women, however.
Men and women of GOD, do not be ignorant of Satan’s devices. There is nothing new under the sun that he is trying. “Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices.” (2 Corinthians 2:11) Use wisdom in all things. Here are some tips that can help you to cause that devil to flee, remembering what GOD said in James 4:7, “Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. ”
1. Always stay in repentence. We sin daily and we must repent before praying.
2. Always cover yourself and where you are going with the Blood of Jesus before you arrive.
3. Never allow yourself to spend time alone with someone of the opposite sex. If, for example, you are male and there is a woman that needs praying over, invite your wife to help in praying for her.
4. Alway, always, always, put her off on the wife. Never take it upon yourself to try to return her good gestures. When she calls, wife should talk to her. When she stops you in church, wife should come and help her.
5. Do not allow her to touch you and do not eat those tasty dishes she offers you. Would you dine from the hands of a witch?
6. Never put an undelivered person in a position of authority. Consult the Holy Ghost about everything you do.
7. If she is always sticking around after church, trying to help out, ask your wife, kids and a couple of friends to stick around as well.
8. Never ask her to help with your ministry. Would it be wise for Russia to ask America to help run their country? No sir or ma’am.
9. When she shows up in seductive clothes, politely ask her, or have your wife (or another female member on the ministry team) to ask her to wear clothes that are more church appropiate. If she ‘accidentally’ bursts out of her clothes, excuse yourself. Rebuke the thoughts. Remember, even Joseph ran!
10. Restrict all communication to ministry only. Never go to her home or invite her to yours.
Now, I may use the reference ‘her,’ however, ladies simply substitute that her for ‘him.’ Men of GOD and women of GOD, allow your spouses to call the shots on that one.