August 4, 2010 — Sylvester Stallone was at ‘The Expendables’ Premiere last night with plenty of A-List celebrities. Those celebs were all in the movie and each one could headline their own flick, yet they came together because Sly asked them.
The result is a flick that will be so action packed, you may have to go back a second time to make sure you catch it all. ‘The Expendables’ is a flick that will delight your senses and remind you about the movies of years past where actors didn’t rely on green screens and computer images. The movie is a traditional flick that embraces a story and takes a shot at entertaining us.
Here are the characters in the movie ‘The Expendables’:
- Sylvester Stallone as Barney “The Schizo” Ross, a paramilitary veteran and leader of the team.
- Jason Statham as Lee Christmas, second in command of the team. He is a former SAS soldier and expert at close quarters combat.
- Jet Li as Yin Yang, a Chinese martial arts expert.
- Dolph Lundgren as Gunnar Jensen, a Swedish sniper.
- Terry Crews as Hale Caesar, Yin’s best friend and a heavy weapons specialist.
- Randy Couture as Toll Road, demolitions expert.
- Mickey Rourke as Tool, a former Expendable, now an arms dealer and tattoo parlor artist/owner.
- Charisma Carpenter as Lacy, Lee Christmas’ fiancee.
- Bruce Willis as Mr. Church, the man who hires the Expendables.
- Arnold Schwarzenegger as Trench, an old rival of Ross and the former leader of the original Expendables.
- Gisele Itié as Sandra, a young native woman and undercover Interpol agent.
- Lauren Jones as Cheyenne, Tool’s love interest.
- David Zayas as General Garza, the dictator.
- Eric Roberts as James Monroe, a rogue CIA agent.
- Steve Austin as Dan Paine, Monroe’s bodyguard.
- Gary Daniels as The Brit, General Garza’s main henchman and a former Expendable who wants to go to war and get revenge against the team for kicking him out.
- Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira as General Garza’s sword wielding henchman.
- Amin Joseph and Senyo Amoaku as the leaders of a group of Somali pirates that challenge the Expendables in the beginning of the film.
The plot is bound for some hard core action. The story line is a team of highly-trained, dangerous mercenaries are sent on a mission to a South American country, with the objective to overthrow a cold-blooded dictator. As the mission begins, the mercenaries discover that the situation is not as it appears.