August 9, 2010 — Sylvester Stallone was at ‘The Expendables’ UK film premiere at the Odeon Leicester Square today sharing his upcoming film and smiling at the cameras. Sly has been out pitching his new picture which opens this week worldwide. Dolph Lundgren and Jason Statham were included in his entourage and the fans were absolutely delighted. The screams from the sides of the red carpet were, dare one say, louder than Robert Pattinson.
The movie ‘The Expendables’ is a flick that will be so action packed, you may have to go back a second time to make sure you catch it all. ‘The Expendables’ is a flick that will delight your senses and remind you about the movies of years past where actors didn’t rely on green screens and computer images. The movie is a traditional flick that embraces a story and takes a shot at entertaining us.
Here are the characters in the movie ‘The Expendables’:
- Sylvester Stallone as Barney “The Schizo” Ross, a paramilitary veteran and leader of the team.
- Jason Statham as Lee Christmas, second in command of the team. He is a former SAS soldier and expert at close quarters combat.
- Jet Li as Yin Yang, a Chinese martial arts expert.
- Dolph Lundgren as Gunnar Jensen, a Swedish sniper.
- Terry Crews as Hale Caesar, Yin’s best friend and a heavy weapons specialist.
- Randy Couture as Toll Road, demolitions expert.
- Mickey Rourke as Tool, a former Expendable, now an arms dealer and tattoo parlor artist/owner.
- Charisma Carpenter as Lacy, Lee Christmas’ fiancee.
- Bruce Willis as Mr. Church, the man who hires the Expendables.
- Arnold Schwarzenegger as Trench, an old rival of Ross and the former leader of the original Expendables.
- Gisele Itié as Sandra, a young native woman and undercover Interpol agent.
- Lauren Jones as Cheyenne, Tool’s love interest.
- David Zayas as General Garza, the dictator.
- Eric Roberts as James Monroe, a rogue CIA agent.
- Steve Austin as Dan Paine, Monroe’s bodyguard.
- Gary Daniels as The Brit, General Garza’s main henchman and a former Expendable who wants to go to war and get revenge against the team for kicking him out.
- Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira as General Garza’s sword wielding henchman.
- Amin Joseph and Senyo Amoaku as the leaders of a group of Somali pirates that challenge the Expendables in the beginning of the film.
The plot is bound for some hard core action. The story line is a team of highly-trained, dangerous mercenaries are sent on a mission to a South American country, with the objective to overthrow a cold-blooded dictator. As the mission begins, the mercenaries discover that the situation is not as it appears.
‘The Expendables’ opens this week at theaters worldwide.