This afternoon between 3pm and 7pm, Soapnet aired a General Hospital marathon: The Best of Sonny and Brenda. I’m not going to lie, it was very entertaining. I laid out an hour by hour breakdown of moments I loved and/or put a smile on my face, characters I miss and fashions that should never have come out of the closet. Here is the best of the best of Sonny and Brenda marathon:
1994 Sonny and Brenda do Puerto Rico:
– If I wasn’t already a devoted Sonny and Brenda fan, the steamy kissing on the beach scene would’ve sold me. The clips that air of this scene every so often do not do the whole make out session justice. It’s hot!
– Crazy boat chase scene, on location in Puerto Rico! What was the budget back then?! Everything looked so fun out of closed sets and fake scenery.
– Ricky Martin with Fabio hair.
– Rena Sofer as Lois.
– The live performance by “Miguel” en Espanol. Muy, muy caliente!
1997 Brenda and Sonny in a cave:
– Luke and Laura together!
– Brenda’s red shirt–I really liked it for some reason.
– Brenda and Sonny’s confessions of love and more steamy kisses!
1997 Sonny leaves Brenda at the altar:
– Lucy’s hideous bridesmaid’s dress.
– How cold Jason was to Brenda. Brenda was talking about how Jason doesn’t get a say in her and Sonny’s relationship and Jason replies: “You don’t have one anymore”, Brenda says she will sit at Sonny’s door step and wait for him to explain why he did this to her. Jason says: “Well, you can sit in front of the door until the day you die–Sonny’s gone and he’s not coming back.” and in his final attempt to let Brenda down gently concerning Sonny’s thinking: “He doesn’t want you to mourn. He doesn’t want you to wait. He just wants it over.” As sad as I felt for Brenda, Jason’s insensitivity was making me laugh.
– The original Carly (Sarah Brown) in traditional Carly form.
– Billy Warlock as A.J.
– Baby faced Liz Webber with attitude.
1998 Sonny and Brenda say goodbye:
– Sonny with a goatee. Did anyone else find that to be extremely sexy?
– Robin with Jason. Aw.
– The original Jerry Jacks.
– Those awful ball gowns. and even worse hairdos
– Sonny saying he’s ‘gonna love her forever.’ Oh you know who the ‘her’ is.
What did you love about the marathon?