Distributed to food product description
The FDA reports that California and Nevada. NuCal Foods received these eggs from Wright County Egg, which were then packaged into 5-dozen overwrapped retail units. The original Wright County Egg media statement dated August 13, 2010, the following products are being recalled:
Product Description UPC Plant Number Julian Dates
- Bayview Large 5dz 7-17544-30172-1 P-1686 142-149
- Mountain Dairy Medium 5dz 0-11110-89969-9 P-1951 193-208
- Nulaid Medium 5dz 0-71230-02140-0 P-1091 167-174
- Nulaid Medium 5dz 0-71230-02140-0 P-1951 195-210
- Sun Valley Medium 5dz 6-48065-11432-6 P-1951 195-20
As mentioned in an earlier report, that the letter P precedes the plant number.
Children and the elderly are especially vulnerable to infection so exercise caution and see a doctor when family member become ill following possible exposure to contaminated products. You can review some food safety tips from the past holidays. This will help explain how cross contamination can also spread infection to food product not involved in the recall.