Children nation wide are stuck with the unfortunate stigma’s of being “too young” or “too poor” and not being able to move forward with goals and aspirations due to the labels that have been given them by stagnated adults who force upon them their jaded mindsets of keeping their child behind due to that parent’s dreams never being fulfilled. As the years wither, the child begins to take on the mind set of not being able to fulfill his/her dreams because they have become conditioned by this mindset. The adult or adults in their lives without understanding continue to tell the child that they can’t do this and that they can’t do that with out fully understanding the psychological damage that they are conditioning the child to comprehend. Without knowing that the words that they speak are creating the world around that child. So how do we begin to build better generations of youth who believe in themselves without the lacking conditioned minds that have been given to them by negligent parents and adults who tell them “You can’t do that?” Studies show that the most important way of doing this is by re-directing and positively getting into the minds of the youth.
We, the leaders and adults of society set the standards as it pertains the the future of our nation and world which sit in that lap of our youth. As we groom them to be the makers and shapers of society, we also help them to bridge the gaps by inspiring them to move forward with their dreams by setting goals to reach them. But one of the major set backs that the youth are up against on the daily basis are the complacent minds of adults who have never accomplished their dreams and begin to wear and tear on the minds of the youth by tearing their dreams down with words like “You can’t do that,” “You’re too young to do that” and “No one has ever done anything like that before, therefore it can’t be done.” Having the ability to travel and working with children nationally and internationally has given me the observations and hands on experience of seeing parents and other adults freeze an inspired child’s dreams, which becomes a negative domino effect on a house hold, community, city, nation and world. The negative conditioning of the child, will travel with him/her through out his/her life time haunting their dreams and aspirations never allowing them to be accomplished.
Many life coaches like Lisa Nichols, Michael Beckwith and Jack Canfield speak in detail about the power of thinking like a child in order to fly. So why would one try to defer a child’s dreams, when it is suggested that adults think like them in order to fulfill their dreams. With a great understanding of many adults doing such with out knowing or understanding their virtual dynamic of deferring a child’s dreams, the suggestive way of positively getting into a child’s mind is definitely one of the major ways of giving them the best that you have in order to help them succeed academically and as well in fulfilling their dreams. Below are several ways that you can help your child or student to succeed by getting into their minds.
Get into the child’s mind by:
1. Asking your child questions about their dreams and aspirations.
2. Observe their ambitions of mastering their skill and promote them in doing such
3. Make sure that your child understands why he/she wants to succeed in what ever their dream or dreams may be and help them to positively and humbly set goals to fulfill their dreams
4. Surround them with children who are doing the same things and connect with their parents to see how their parents help their children to move forward and succeed.
5. Remember a child is never to young to learn, teach them how to be strong and skilled by encouraging them and telling them that they can do anything that they put their minds to especially if it is positive.
6. Allow for you child to connect with adults who have succeeded professionally within the realm of professions or dream aspirations that your child has.
7. Never discourage your child from doing something positive that is based on his/her dreams that will contribute something positive to our world.
8. Be your child’s mentor and always remind them to keep the faith even when times get hard.
9. Remind your child to never give up and to believe in themselves as you believe in them.
10. Have your child READ, READ AND READ some more so that they can get a better understanding of how to become skilled in their craft.
11. Never try to live your dream through your child
12. Never shut down your child’s dream because you want them to work on the dream that you have for them.
13. Connect your child with a life coach or be your child’s life coach to keep them uplifted.
14. Always make time for your child’s dreams and aspirations.
15. Know and understand your child’s needs at all times by communication and asking question, stay inside of your child’s mind.
Here are a few websites based on youth life coaching that will help give you and your child direction in your child’s pursuit to happiness.