Before heading off for another extended vacation, this time on toney Martha’s Vineyard, Obama told reporters on Wednesday that he had “no regrets” for supporting the construction of the Islamic cultural center and victory mosque close to ground zero of the Islamic terror attack on the World Trade Center.
The firestorm of opinion continues. Those on the left want to argue that the Islamists have a constitutional right to build this monument and those opposed say it is an affront to those who lost their lives in the attacks as well as to their families and loved ones who grieve their loss. Most right-thinking Americans see the controversy for what it is – an affront to Judeo-Christian America and a celebratory monument for jihadists. Hamas, the terrorist organization, came out in support of Imam Rauf and the victory mosque.
Feisal Abdul Rauf, the imam behind the Islamic cultural center and mosque, is now traveling to the Middle East on behalf of the U.S. State Department. The New York Post reported this week:
“The Obama administration insisted the trip, reportedly with stops in Saudi Arabia, Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Bahrain and Qatar, was strictly to improve understanding about Muslim communities in the United States.
But a London-based Arabic-language newspaper that interviewed Abdul Rauf reported that he said he would also collect money from Muslim and Arab nations around the world.”
Today, the Pew poll of Americans’ views of Obama’s religious identity were released and discussd by various new sources such as Fox News and the Washington Post. The poll reveals that roughly 20% of the country believes that Obama is a Muslim and only 34% think he is Christian. What’s more, 43% say they don’t know what his religious affiliation is.
The only facts we do know about Obama and religion are these:
- His African biological father and his Indonesian step-father were Muslim and his paternity thus conferred upon him the Muslim faith
- He was registered in a Catholic school in Indonesia as a Muslim
- He wrote in his own books about his Muslim faith in Indonesia
- He said in a NYT interview that the Muslim call to prayer is “one of the prettiest sounds on earth”
- In Audacity of Hope he wrote: “I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.”
- Obama has been openly hostile to Israel and Prime Minister, Netanyahu
- He tasked the NASA director with a mission to help Muslims feel better about themselves
- As an adult he joined the church of Jeremiah Wright which is a black nationalist organization whose belief system is black liberation theology, not mainstream Christianity
- Obama spends Sundays playing golf and has not joined a Christian church
The list of apparent contradictions to Obama’s claim that he is a Christian abound. So long as Obama continues to behave in ways that are against the will of the American people and he remains secretive about his bona fides, speculation about his true identity will persist.