With the return of a new season of “Mad Men” coming this Sunday viewers are not only excited for the upcoming storylines, but also for the fashion. Even though the show takes place in the 1960’s the fashion is still timeless, beautiful, and fashion forward. Women would love to dress like Betty, Joan, and Peggy. With the help of ModCloth.com, the fabulous online retailer that specializes in vintage inspired fashions you can achieve your inner Betty, Joan, or Peggy for an affordable cost. These dresses will be perfect for a “Mad Men” viewing party or for a party or special event in your life. Grab your martini and get ready for some “Mad Men” inspired fashion.
Betty Draper, the seemingly perfect wife and mother, the Grace Kelly lookalike, and ice queen with her blonde hair, stunning good looks, and plethora of adorable dresses showing off full skirts, pretty pastel colors, and stunning floral prints has a wardrobe that any girlie girl would love to have. These dresses are beautiful, feminine, and soft. They are perfect for a special event in your life ranging from an afternoon wedding to a fun date night. Let’s take a look at 10 different Betty Draper inspired dresses, Don Draper sadly not included.
- Cherry Valance dress for $99.99: This 100% cotton halter dress in white with a cherry print splattered along the dress is perfect for date night in the summer. The vintage-inspired cut, sweetheart bustline, and flirty fit is charming and sweet.
- Cookout Queen dress for $99.99: How can you resist a summery dress like this? Perfect for a picnic date or summer party, this floral print dress with splashes of yellow, white, and light blue offers a flattering halter fit and fabulous A-line skirt. Pair with cute sandals for a fun summer look!
- Flowering Heliotropes dress for $51.99: You’ll love the floral print of this dress. Featuring colors of lavender, fuchsia, pale pink, and mint green, this dress is a floral delight. The dress also features wide straps, a cute full and pleated skirt, and lovely scoop neckline. Black Mary Jane heels would be adorable with this flirty frock.
- Great Plains dress for $49.99: This dress is so easy, breezy, and cool. Perfect for a summer day, this cotton dress with a bust featuring pintucks, a scalloped embroidered hem, and pastel pink rose print makes it a girlie delight.
- Kennebunkport Dress in Wake for $62.99: Looking for a lovely dress for a summer wedding? This full skirted A-line dress in a soft peach color with a white waistband and front pleats is a beautiful and romantic choice.
- Make Arrangements dress for $53.99: A sleeveless dress with a classic and sophisticated brown floral print features a cute bubble hem, v-neck front and back, and flattering fit. A somewhat sophisticated look for the girlie girl.
- Picnic in Paradise dress for $84.99: The ideal summer dress, this vintage inspired floral frock in tons of bold colors, a removable peach belt for waist definition, and full skirt would make you the belle of a summer ball. You might be able to score your own Don Draper in this dress, mysterious past not included!
- Scavenger Hunt dress for $54.99: Betty Draper has little girl tendencies still and this dress offers that childish charm. The purely cotton dress with a bold wildflower print, button-down bib front, smocked back, and cute waist belt is a fun and happy dress.
- Sweet Temptation dress for $63.99: Life isn’t easy for Betty with her husband’s cheating and his secret past and sometimes her dresses need to reflect her gloomy mood. This sophisticated yet retro black dress with hot pink polka dots has a playful yet dark side to it. The wide straps, bows on the neck, stylish pockets, buttons lining the front of the dress, and A-line skirt make this pure early 1960’s.
- White Haute dress for $54.99: Betty Draper can come off like a true ice princess or Grace Kelly lookalike and this white dress shows that side to perfection. A gorgeous summer dress, this 100% cotton dress in white featuring surprising blue accented panels on the smocking of the back of the dress is whimsical. The ruffles along the straps and bust are gorgeous. Also lovely is the wrap-style skirt. Pair with pretty sandals for a delightful look.
Pretty dresses, soft colors, stunning floral prints, and a girlish quality is what you need to look for when trying to achieve the Betty Draper look. You can look as flawlessly beautiful as Betty Draper minus the unhappy marriage.
For more information on all these dresses check out: http://www.modcloth.com