To simplify is to assess what is important to you, whether it is learning to say “no” or to tackle that “de-cluttering” you have been meaning to do in and about your space. Editing your lifestyle is one of the best gifts you can give to yourself & others in your life.
When we are bogged with “too much” to do, see, hear, we become stressed out, passing it onto others putting the legacy of good we try to create, in jeopardy. You must make a commitment to yourself and stick with it – with the end result being “fruition” in ALL you do! You and your home will look and feel better.
Editing can come in the form of accepting or declining a social commitment or even that of a friend that stresses you out. When it comes to your home, a system must be implemented in order to avoid clutter, dirt & chaos.
Start with what stresses you the most-tackle that pile of papers, implementing functional storage solutions in order to avoid accumulation again! Consider, additionally, editing your digital “packrat habits”, as we are all victims of the technological revolution! Make it a point to empty your emails, delete multiple photos and keep the files that are important to you and junk the rest!
“Out of sight out of mind“- not necessarily so. If your closets/drawers and cabinets speak chaos – the minute you open up the doors to such, guess what-you’re stressed! Did you know that we only wear 20% of our clothes with the other 80% sitting dormant!
Organize your clothes by size, color and similarity. There are all types of gizmo’s and tips out there to get your closet the way you want. Your cabinets and drawers should be organized similarly by the placement of similar items grouped together, by color, size and functionality.
.DEVISE A HOUSEKEEPING SYSTEM
Impossible as it may seem, cleaning or tidying up DAILY before or after work is possible-& allows you to actually enjoy what free time you have. When you have made a point of putting things back where they belong, washing the dishes daily, making the beds, cleaning the toilets twice weekly, throwing a load of laundry in while you shower and in the dryer before leaving and folding in the evening, you have tackled quite a bit – affording you only an hour tops for a “power clean” on your free days!
Time is precious and the way you spend it is no different. Redesigning your life allows you to spend time with people you care most about and allows you to indulge in hobbies such as sports, reading a great book or even taking a nap! Be present in the “moment” also-don’t live for yesterday or tomorrow – because what happens today is what happens-the mindset of living for the past or future will only disappoint you!
Simplify your life. LIVE and ENJOY!