Monday’s highlighted field is Management. Today’s job-of-the-day was first posted to CareerBuilder on July 18. Don’t miss any of the featured jobs or profiled local employers by subscribing to this page.
Employer: Trend Micro, INC
Location: Denver (candidate may live in Denver or Seattle)
Employee Type: Full-Time
Industry: Computer Software; Computer Hardware
Manages Others: Yes
Job Type: Sales; Business Development
Education: 4-year degree
Experience: At least 5 year(s)
Travel: Up to 50%
In the Channel Development Manager role, you will be responsible for generating and closing new business opportunities through Trend Micro’s Value Added Resellers. You are a “hunter” and have a results-oriented mindset with a passion for over-achieving sales targets while exceeding customer expectations.
You will be playing a key role by influencing new and existing Trend Micro Partners to lead with Trend Micro solutions in this highly competitive security sale. To be successful in this position you will fully understand all aspects of complex selling in an enterprise technology market.
- Develop and maintain detailed knowledge of Trend Micro products, services and processes
- Develop plan for Channel sales growth through including the training of the sales force and partners
- Develop sales plan and execute for current Channel and new Channel Partners to identify and develop new business opportunities
- Create and maintain product forecast as well as develop, manage and report on a sales report pipeline within the territory.
- Provide accurate weekly revenue forecasts
- Follow sound sales processes and steps including creating and implementing a strategic territory plan and driving and overachieving aggressive revenue targets.
- Use and help in the development of new sales tools & presentation
- Report back changing market conditions to Management
- Develop and maintain senior level relationships within Regional Accounts
- Adhere to CRM, business systems and activity standards
- Provide support to the Field Sales team as required.
- Reconcile and process ongoing sales orders.
- Travel within your assigned territory as necessary.
- Proven record of achieving planned quota
- Success developing and closing a volume of business through channel partners
- Knowledge of CRM Systems and Order Processing Systems
- 5+ years’ experience of enterprise software sales, preferably in a security-related field
- Successful experience working with channels
- History of extensive and consistent cold calling skills to develop pipeline
- Strong negotiation and closing skills including a demonstrated ability to manage a complex sales cycle to closure.
To be successful in this role, you will need to:
- Have strong qualification skills and can motivate prospects
- Be able to develop new pipeline opportunities
- Be able to exceed individual quarterly quotas.
About Trend Micro:
Trend Micro Incorporated, a global leader in Internet content security, focuses on securing the exchange of digital information for businesses and consumers. A pioneer and industry vanguard, Trend Micro
is advancing integrated threat management technology to protect operational continuity, personal information, and property from malware, spam, data leaks and the newest Web threats. Visit TrendWatch to learn more about the latest threats.
Trend Micro’s flexible solutions, available in multiple form factors, are supported 24/7 by threat intelligence experts around the globe. Many of these solutions are powered by the Trend Micro Smart Protection Network, a next generation cloud-client content security infrastructure designed to protect customers from Web threats. A transnational company, with headquarters in Tokyo, Trend Micro’s trusted security solutions are sold through its business partners worldwide.
Salary: No salary information is given for this position, but here is a salary range for a similar title in the Denver area.
About this Examiner: Kathryn Marion is the award-winning author of GRADS: TAKE CHARGE of Your First Year After College!, the most comprehensive resource for navigating the world of work and independent living after graduation, as well as host of the book’s companion resource site, www.GradsTakeCharge.com. The print edition of GRADS: TAKE CHARGE is available through Amazon and other online booksellers. The e-book edition is available through e-junkie.
Kathryn also coaches students, graduates, and career changers as well as consults with small businesses and aspiring authors. Follow her other Examiner columns: College-to-Career and Life After College.
Find more of Kathryn’s articles as well as thousands of others on every self-improvement topic imaginable at SelfGrowth.com.