One can’t seem to turn on a television or open a newspaper today without being bombarded with skewed imagery of the Middle East conflict. For those who have never been to Israel, it is easy to assume that suicide bombings and endless roadblocks are a part of daily life. Yet there is so much more to the center of the world’s three Abrahamic faiths than comes across on CNN. In addition to major sites of world pilgrimage, first class beaches, archaeological sites dating back to the first Temple and the best falafel one can eat east of New York City, Israel is home to the Dead Sea– the ancient, mineral-rich basin renowned for its magical curative powers. The essence of vitality, health and beauty, the Dead Sea abounds with the renewing powers of nature, drawn exclusively from its mysterious, life-giving waters where people flock to from all over the world. Moreover, the treasure trove of natural ingredients formulated in the Dead Sea have been a source of fascination throughout the millennia, dating back to the time of Cleopatra who made this captivating oasis her own personal health spa. Drawing on the curative powers of Dead Sea minerals is AHAVA skin care. This line of natural health and beauty products is formulated from the rejuvenating minerals of the Dead Sea and utilizes plant extracts and aromatic oils to work magic with a unique blend of minerals. All of the unique benefits of the Dead Sea are coupled with the latest innovations in skin care to bring this truly unique line of skin care products.
Ahava means “love” in Hebrew. With that in mind, here are several products that are globally adored for their restorative properties and aromatic healing:
AHAVA Mineral Hand Cream-$20
This extremely rich paraben-free cream provides your hands with deep nourishment and hydration, instantly soothing chapped, dry surfaces and imparting healthy, satiny softness for increased comfort throughout the day. Absorbs quickly without leaving a greasy feeling and restores vitality for supple, softer and younger-looking hands
AHAVA Dermud Intensive Nourishing Body Cream-$32
This rich-textured body cream absorbs easily to alleviate irritations associated with dry skin, such as cracking, itching, dryness, scaling and roughness. Dead Sea mud infused with vitamin E, provitamin B5, aloe vera and Mineral Skin Osmoter™ increases skin’s natural moisture levels and self-regenerating powers. Highly effective in combating the harsh effects of winter.
AHAVA Mineral Botanic Body Wash-$21.50
This paraben-free mineral-enriched body wash collection is infused with Dead Sea minerals and two organic plant extracts selected for their joint complementary effects on a specific skin type.
For normal to dry skin:
– Orange/Frangipani: enriched with vitamin C and helps to soothe, tone and purify the skin.
– Grape/Avocado: enriched with emollients, antioxidants and vitamins essential for healing and regenerating the skin.
– Water Lily/Guarana: infuses the skin with tranquility and awakens the skin’s metabolism, with olive and apricot powder to aide in gentle exfoliation.
For very dry skin:
– Hibiscus/Fig: provides soothing hydration, effective antibacterial properties and distinct softening qualities.
– Bamboo/Pansy: has calming effect on the skin and delivers essential moisture to very dry skin.
For sensitive skin:
– Lotus Flower/Chestnut: offers a soothing sensation to irritated skin and nourishing properties to balance the skin.
– Honeysuckle/Lavender: brings an exotically relaxing scent, naturally soothing properties and a robust antiseptic quality to heal the skin.
From luxurious body creams to mineral bath soaks and shampoos, AHAVA boasts a comprehensive cadre of products suitable for all skin types. Where many presidents have failed in their efforts to solve the Mid-East conflict, perhaps we can find common ground in the healing powers of the Dead Sea. AHAVA products are available at: www.ahavaus.com, www.amazon.com, www.nordstrom.com and www.cvs.com.