Put some tough, no-nonsense in your workout with two apps designed for the iPhone and iPad: Army Fitness Training and Navy SEAL Fitness Training.
See some screen shots in the pictures to the right side of this article
Army Fitness Training ($2.99)
A Physical Readiness Training (PRT) program, the app includes:
+ Principles of training
+ Training systems
+ Types of training programs
+ Planning considerations and goal setting
+ Multiple exercise programs including images and descriptions of all exercises
+ Preparation and recovery programs and exercises
+ Strength and mobility programs and exercises
+ Endurance and running programs and exercises
+ Army Physical Fitness Test (APFT)
+ Posture and body mechanics
This app –
+ Provides you with a framework for physical fitness training.
+ Reflects lessons learned in battles past and present, time-tested theories and principles and emerging trends in physical culture.
+ Explains training requirements and objectives.
+ Provides instructions, resources and reasons why physical fitness is important.
+ Allows you to adapt your fitness training to your capabilities.
+ Guides leaders in the progressive conditioning of Soldier strength, endurance and mobility.
Navy SEAL Fitness Training ($1.99)
The Navy SEALS are an elite branch of the U.S. Special Forces whose reputation for outstanding physical fitness is unparalleled.
- Overview of physical fitness
- Exercise physiology
- Muscle structure and Function
- Principles of physical training
- Specificity of training
- Determining your training heart rate
- Energy systems used by exercising muscle
- Lactic acid and ATP-CP system for anaerobic work
- Methods of physical training
- Cardiorespiratory conditioning
- Determination of work rate
- Active recovery
- How to estimate your maximal aerobic capacity
- Types of aerobic activities
- Basic workouts
- Running for fitness
- Swimming for fitness
- Strength training
- Flexibility training
- Sports related injuries
- Physical fitness and training recommendations
- Weight lifting techniques
- Anatomical terms and diagrams
The above two workouts haven’t been reviewed by San Jose Fitness, and information has been obtained by the Double Dog Studios web site. If you’ve tried either app, let us know in the comments section how they worked for you.
Check out more fitness apps including Bento for iPhone and free fitness apps