You stared at that cell phone for three straight days. Then he finally called. You have a date for the 4th of July. Congratulations little lady! ‘Tis time to ignite your sexy but still keep your cool to ensure you get a 2nd date and light up your life with love.
* Have a cocktail before he picks you up (And yes, he is picking you up. If he sent a text message suggesting you meet him down at the bar? Uh, negative. You’re not ten. That’s only allowed if he picks you up on his bicycle and lets you ride on the handlebars in the parade for gawd sake). So have a glass of wine or a vodka soda while you await his arrival to loosen up your nerves just enough so you don’t get those pre-first date jitters. But slow it down sweetcheeks, don’t drink so much that you get inebriated and slip down your stairs on the way to his decorated bike.
* Since you’re going to a BBQ (of course you are, it’s the 4th and that’s what Americans do on the 4th) leave your American flag bikini at home — Unless of course you want people to keep stopping to pledge allegiance to your breasts? Other items to leave behind include that Budweiser bikini, those water noodles and that bottle of spray tanner you keep in your fanny pack. Keep it classy and natural! Today is not the day to start swearing like a sailor and instigate arm wrestling matches with his Samoan sisters. Leave a good impression so you can get a 2nd date and perhaps a boyfriend. Yes, now that’s the kind of thinking that will light up the skies with romance.
* Make sure you have enough cash to take a cab home – you know, just in case it all goes horribly wrong. A smart lady always has an escape route. And yours may need to start with a call to 1-800-4-My-Taxi. Because when he gets sloshed on California Coolers and looses his Sloppy Joe on your flip flops, you’re gonna want to be able to get yourself back home before you find you’ve both been duct taped naked to a stop sign in Tijuana…At the “bare” minimum, get yourself over to another BBQ to watch the fireworks and eat more grub. And pledge allegiance to Independence Day!
* But always plan for romance! So shave your legs and pack some tic tacs and never let his first impression be that of a Sleastack with underarm hair long enough to braid. Shave it, wax it or laser it. Just make sure you are silky smooth from head to toe so you two can make fireworks of your own and light up his life!
* Then check out the 4th of July Calendar of Events of all that is happening this weekend in Orange County and celebrate America, your sexy self, and the new hot boyfriend you’ll land on Sunday! Have fun hotstuff!
If you have dating questions for Debbie Smith, please send an E-mail to [email protected] with your dating dilemma. If you can’t get enough? Then you should subscribe to SmithWit.com where you can read more about her life, love and personal dating experiences and follow her on Twitter @SmithWit. Happy Dating!