How GOD reveals HIMSELF in Scripture was addressed in the previous article (Idolatry in the churches (3) – Baltimore Christian | dampfang.com); no rivalry, no competition, no partnership with any other being (divine or human), but sole creator, sustainer and ultimate executor of everything that happens in the earth. This is what both the Old and New Testaments Saints believed concerning GOD. But perhaps it is possible that when Yahshua came into the world, He taught differently. It is therefore pertinent to search the Scriptures for some of the truths that Messiah Yahshua conveyed about this GOD. In both words and deeds, Messiah Yahshua taught that:
1. GOD is the only true GOD worthy of both love and worship (Mt. 4:10; Mk. 12:29-30; Lk. 4:8; 10:26-28; Jn. 4:21).
2. GOD is one being (Mk. 12:29).
3. GOD is His FATHER and His GOD and He always prayed to HIM. (Mt. 10:32-33; 11:25-27; 12:50; 15:13; 16:17; 18:10, 19, 35; 20:23; 25:34; 26:29, 39, 42, 53; Mk. 1:35; 14:36; Lk. 5:16; 22:42; Jn. 2:16; 5:17, 19; 17:1; 20:17).
4. GOD is the only good being (Mk. 10:18; Lk. 18:19).
5. GOD sent Him from heaven as the long awaited Messiah (Jn. 4:25-26; 8:42; 17:8; 20:20).
6. He could do nothing without GOD; all the wonders He performed were done by GOD through Him and those who believed in Him will do greater things than He did (Jn. 5:19; 10:25-26, 32).
7. His sayings were not His but what GOD had given Him to say (Jn. 8:28; 17:8).
8. GOD knows all things even to the minutest details (Mt. 10:30; 24:36; Mk. 13:32).
9. GOD is a loving FATHER who grants HIS children good gifts (Mt. 7:9-10).
10. GOD gave to Him all those who believed in Him and gave Him authority over all flesh that He should give eternal life to those who truly believed in Him (Jn. 6:44; 10:27-29; 13:3; 17:2-3).
11. GOD and Himself are one, because He is in GOD and GOD is in Him (Jn. 10:30).
Messiah Yahshua affirmed like every other Jew that GOD is one being, that only GOD deserves worship, constantly referred to HIM as His FATHER and constantly prayed to HIM. Yahshua taught that the GOD of Israel is His GOD, and did not claim credit for His great and astounding miracles, but meekly acknowledged that apart from His GOD He could do nothing. He continued to stress that He was sent by GOD from heaven, and that all who believed in Him were given to Him by GOD His FATHER. The one sore point within the Church is Yahshua’s claim that He and the FATHER are one, and this will be thoroughly addressed in the next article. Was Messiah Yahshua truly claiming to be the one true GOD?
To be continued…..