As some of you may know, I compose the vastly entertaining Internet Business column for the Baltimore Examiner, in addition to publishing in this space. Since we set up shop here, we have been searching for a way to increase readership for the Job Search Examiner section. Thanks to Maryland House of Delegates candidate Gregory Push, we may have found the answer.
We became aware of Mr. Push yesterday while looking through the temporary employment postings known as “gigs” over at Craigslist. Gregory Push is looking for attractive, hot young women to help him campaign. His statement to us yesterday began with, “The only thing that I’m sure of in this life is that sex sells.” Well, candidate Push as it turns out is a very astute observer of human nature.
Yesterday’s article quadrupled the average readership for this section. The only other time we have seen a spike in readership was when we ran another Craigslist column that also featured a pretty girl in a pirate’s costume.
This leaves us with an interesting dilemma; do we attempt to find employment opportunities for people, or do we become just another shallow stop-over on the information highway trying to gain readership through the exploitation of attractive women? The latter we would like to point out deposits more money in the author’s bank account.
However, that would be wrong. Putting monetary gain over public service is what seems to be getting an increasing number of politicians in trouble. For that reason, we will continue to list pertinent job postings in this space, despite the economic liabilities some of us may incur. You, the reader comes first.
- Human Services Worker – University of Maryland, Baltimore
- Field Technician(Laborer) – Triumvirate Environmental
- Store Management – Bed Bath & Beyond
- Secretary / Preopertive – St. Agnes Hospital
- Experienced Toyota Techs – Jones Toyota
- Registered Nurse – St. Joseph’s Hospital
- Security Systems Mgr – Dell Computers
- Senior Java Programmer – General Dynamics
- Sales Associate – Heritage Hyundai Towson
- Phlebotomist – Bravo Health
- Medical Device Sales – Kimberly-Clark
- Client Service Coordinator – Barnfield Pet Hospital
- Field Security Technician – Armor Group
There you have it, a baker’s dozen of newly posted, or what we call HOT jobs for you to check out. Also, if you are an attractive female who would like to grace the pages of the “Baltimore Job Search” section, send pics to …; Just kidding. Good luck with your search.