George Clooney News!
George Clooney really did testify at a fraud trial in Italy on July 16, 2010.
The tabloids covered the story, and believe it or not National Enquirer ran a basic story about the event that was fairly close to right.
The tabloid gossip source who also broke the Tiger Woods cheating scandal earlier in the year writes:
Gorgeous GEORGE CLOONEY testifies in Milan fashion trial scandal.
The graying thesp, 49, took the stand in Milan Italy in the trial of three people accused of his exploiting his name to promo a fashion line in the Euro capitol of style.
The three defendants — Vincenzo Cannalire, Francesco Galdelli and Vanja Goffi — have been charged with fraud, forgery and possession of stolen goods.
The case involves a fashion show held in a Milan hotel two years ago
During the hearing, Clooney put on glasses to peer closely at several pictures showing him alongside the defendants, and said they were fakes.
Clooney also said his signature had been forged on several key documents including a license for a fashion line labeled “George Clooney.”
The Hollywood hunk testified for nearly two hours prompting the judge to later say, “This hearing lasted as long as a film.”
Reuters confirmed the report details on Friday July 16. The respected news organization elaborated, saying, “The 49-year-old actor glided through camera flashes to a packed courtroom to testify as a civil plaintiff in a case dating back to 2008.”
According to the media outlet, Clooney was 100% professional and a gentleman during his time on the stand giving sworn testimony.
“I came here because I believe in the judicial system and because there were people using my name to take advantage of people,” Clooney told the court.
The defendants — Vincenzo Cannalire, Francesco Galdelli and Vanja Goffi — have been charged with fraud, forgery and possession of stolen goods. Cannalire was the only one present.
The trial involves a show held in a Milan hotel two years ago. The defendants are accused of using Clooney’s name in an attempt to promote a fashion line during the event.
At the hearing, Clooney put on glasses to look at several pictures showing him alongside the defendants, and said they were fake. He provided original pictures of himself to prove his statement.
Clooney turned toward Cannalire after looking at the photos, smiled and said: “Good work. You should be proud of yourself.”
Clooney, who wore a blue suit, testified for about two hours. Judge Pietro Caccialanza thanked Clooney afterwards and said: “This hearing lasted as long as a film.”
Before he left the courtroom pursued by reporters and camera flashes, Clooney told Reuters: “It was not too tough. It’s easy when you can prove that you are absolutely right.”
Clooney said his signature had been illegally copied on several documents including a license for a fashion line labeled “George Clooney.”
Clooney’s has become a well known face in Italy. The Hollywood actor and green celebrity owns a home in the town of Lake Como, about 40 km (25 miles) north of Milan.
George Clooney Quotes: Humorous quotations about life, career, personal pride, and show business
George Clooney Friends: Star celebs Emily Blunt, John Krasinski surprise wedding in Italy
George Clooney Friends: Star celebs George Clooney and celeb stoner Woody Harrelson biker buds
George Clooney News: George Clooney’s ex Karen Duffy talks Elisabetta Canalis
George Clooney Rumors: Peter Andre claims his new fragrance for men smells like George Clooney
George Clooney Rumor: Celebrity spent nearly $7000 per night on hotel rental in Hawaii
George Clooney Movies: George Clooney makes James Bond appeal with new role in The American?
CNN and Larry King to host 1st Gulf aid telethon after oil spill, not MTV and George Clooney
George Clooney Movies: 70s style retro art movie poster for The American has iconic look
George Clooney writes article urging people to help stop war in Sudan — Please RT
Funny Celebrity News: New beau for Betty White thanks to friendship with George Clooney?
Chasing George Clooney: Celebrity spotted having late night dinner at Ago restaurant in Los Angeles
Tom Cruise not killed in freak plumbing accident — or so he says (with a wink to George Clooney)
Now that there is Hope for Haiti, should George Clooney help New Orleans? #gulf #oilspill #bp #nola
Scorsese wants Robert De Niro, Al Pacino, Brad Pitt and George Clooney for new Frank Sinatra movie
George Clooney Video: Young celeb looked great in Levis — 1st episode on TV show Facts of Life 1985
George Clooney Friends: Barack Obama — Star celebs pictures (PHOTO GALLERY with Clooney)
George Clooney Jokes: Confessions and trade secrets of a funny man — Practical jokes on Brad Pitt
George Clooney Trivia: How much money does the actor earn for George Clooney Movies?
George Clooney News: Dog the Bounty Hunter catches Clooney in Hawaii — TMZ photo tells short story?
- Hot Male Celebrities: Robert Pattinson beaten out for sexiest vampire title by Angel and Brad Pitt?
- Celebrity Property: How much is Anna Nicole Smith memorabilia worth? List of Hollywood auction sales
- Strange News: Tragedy strikes Texas town as Mayor kills her own daughter in Murder – Suicide?
- Celebrity Real Estate: Where do Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie live? Home is where the heart is
- Celebrity Athletes: Zac Efron taking pitching lessons from Atlanta Braves baseball coach?
- Celebrity Property: Twilight’s Peter Facinelli auctions Carlisle Cullen vampire clothes for charity
- Celebrity Mel Gibson caught admitting on tape he punched girlfriend while at their Malibu mansion?
- Talent agency dumps Mel Gibson after more tapes of racial rants and misogynist statements emerge
- Celebrity Scandal: Man sues NBA celebrity athlete LeBron James for rights to claim he is his father?
- Celebrity Mom: Sandra Bullock spends 4th of July weekend alone in Austin, Texas after quiet divorce
- Celebrity Property: Does Angelina Jolie buy LEGOS to play with for the kids or Brad Pitt?
- Celebrity Split: Sandra Bullock and Jesse James divorce legally finished, James relocating to Texas
- Celebrity Scandal: Dave Chappelle pulls terrorist act on private jet, forces plane to land in PA?
- Hot Property Update: Art thief conviced of stealing Monet painting to serve 3 years in Polish prison
- The Mug Shot: Motley Crue lead singer Vince Neil arrested for DUI in Las Vegas — Celebrity OOPS
- Intellectual Property: Rob Lowe joins list of Hollywood celebrities who have written books
- Celebrity Chef says buy seafood from Gulf despite Oil Spill: Good news for NOLA, bad news for fish
- Hot Celebrity Property: Why Michael Jackson’s 1984 Victory Tour glove made history again in 2010
- Celebrity Property: Mariah Carey sued over puppy love in pet dispute — $30 K unpaid vet bills?
- Celebrity Real Estate: White House going green building eco homes in Haiti
Brangelina California cars Celebrities Celebrity Celebrity Children Celebrity Couples Celebrity Gossip Celebrity Headlines Celebrity Home Celebrity Kids Celebrity News Celebrity OOPS Celebrity Real Estate Celebrity Scandal Eco Friendly environment Famous Location Famous People Female Celebrities Green green cars Green Celebrity History Of Hollywood Hot Female Celebrity International Stars Italy Jennifer Aniston Legal Is Living Green Local News Movie Star MTV Pop Music Relationship Rumor Star Celebs Strange News Trend Setting Celebs United States US News West Coast World News Young Money