Preparing to send the kids back to school can be expensive and stressful for parents. The Marion County Health Department is hoping to relieve some of the strain on Indianapolis families by offering free back to school immunizations, health checks, and school supplies at the 10th Annual Covering Kids and Families Back to School Day.
“In order for our children to be truly prepared for school they must be healthy and have the appropriate supplies. We are proud to make both health screenings and basic school supplies available to our community,” said Virginia A. Caine, M.D., director, Marion County Health Department in a press release.
The July 31 event will offer families access to:
- Free back to school immunizations
- Health screenings
- Dental screenings
- Free and reduced price health insurance enrollment
- Back to school supplies
- Health information
Parents who need a birth certificate to enroll their child in school can purchase the document while at the event.
10th Annual Covering Kids and Families Back to School Day
July 31, 2010
9:00 a.m. until 1:00 p.m.
Marion County Health Department,
3838 North Rural Street,
Indianapolis, IN 46205-2930
Parents should bring vaccination records for any children who need school immunizations.
Families wishing to receive school supplies, including one of the more than 3,500 backpacks that will be handed out at the event, need to bring their children with them.
The 10th Annual Covering Kids and Families Back to School Day will also feature food, games, entertainment, music, interactive displays, and educational information provided by the Indianapolis Fire Department and more than 50 community organizations.
For more info: For additional information on this event, contact the Marion County Health Department – Covering Kids Coalition at 317-221-2464.
Marion County Health Department announces extended clinic hours for back-to-school immunizations
- Marion County Health Department to hold free back to school immunization clinics
- Giving Tylenol can reduce effectiveness of vaccines in babies
- Health officials to parents: Lawn mowers can be dangerous for children
- CDC encourages healthy swimming practices after thousands of public pools fail inspections
- Heart disease warning signs seen in obese children as young as three years old (video)
- Drunk 4-year-old Hayden Wright deals with father’s incarceration by stealing gifts (video)
- Why is breastfeeding preemies important?