On Monday, the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) announced Georgia-based Perdue Farms, Inc., is voluntarily recalling over 91,000 pounds of frozen chicken nugget products.
After receiving consumer complaints of finding “small pieces of blue plastic” in the product, the company is recalling 91,872 of frozen nuggets because a “small number of products may contain pieces of plastic.” To date, no injuries have been reported.
Frozen Chicken Nuggets Recall Information:
- 1-pound, 13-ounce bags of “Great Value Fully Cooked Chicken Nuggets.” Each bag includes establishment number “P-33944” and case code of “89008 A0160” on the back of the package. The product also includes the “BEST IF USED BY” date of June 9, 2011. Images of the specific product are available on the USDA website.
According to the company’s recall release, “We determined the likely source was a small plastic ring that got into the raw material before the nuggets were formed,” said Bruce Stewart-Brown, Perdue’s Senior Vice President for Food Safety and Quality. “This would have resulted in a minimal amount of consumer packages potentially containing nuggets with the plastic, which is bright blue in color. However, out of an abundance of caution, we have decided to recall all 50,688 packages of nuggets produced in the same product run.”
The chicken products were produced June 9th and were shipped nationwide to WalMart under the Great Value label. No other Perdue products are involved in the recall.
Consumers may return the product for a full refund. For more information on the Great Value Chicken Nuggets recall, please contact the Perdue Consumer Relations at 877-727-3447 or visit the FSIS website.
Recent Recall Alerts
- OTC medicine recall alert – Recall expanded to Children’s Tylenol, Tylenol, Motrin & Benadryl
- Baby Spinach Bagged Salads
- 8,000 Pounds of Beef Jerky Recalled
- Chicken of the Sea Tuna Recalled in 10 States
- 2 Pet Food Recall Alerts
- 37,318 pounds of Chile peppers recalled due to potential Salmonella
- Feline’s Pride Cat Food Nationwide Recall Alert
- Food recall – Sliced apples recalled due to Listeria
- Food Recall – Fresh Express Bagged Lettuce Recalled in US and Canada Due to Possible E Coli