One of the core complaints about Kinect for the Xbox 360 is that there aren’t any games that will satisfy that will satisfy anyone other than casual gamers. Ubisoft and AMA Studios may have a game that fit this need as information and a trailer for a new game called Fighters Uncaged has been leaked.
Fighters Uncaged takes players into an undergound fighting ring to brawl with other characters. The twist with this game is that it will use Kinect to track the player’s full body movements and translate them to the action on screen.
In a yet to be published interview, one of the developers said, “Kinect bring us a fantastic and innovative opportunity to make players feel that they are actually fighting, and replicate the exact motions of a real life brawl. The Kinect can accurately detect full body movement, meaning each player can put themselves in the body of a real fighter and be able to unleash hooks, uppercuts, jump kicks, dodges, knock out blows, etc…. Moreover, it gives a fighting game a second layer of game play depth: The player needs to, of course, understand fighting techniques and strategy, but also really needs to manage their own physical skills. Being able to control these two layers provides an unprecedented level of depth that has never been possible before in a fighting game.”
Fighters Uncaged will feature 12 different fighters, 21 different locations and over 70 different moves and combinations. Moves called “Super Strikes” are performed by shouting while making your strike.
Full Body Combat
– Using the power of the Kinect, for the first time, gamers are able to realistically fight using their bodies.
– Unleash 70 devastating moves inspired by free-fight combat techniques.
– Fight using your fists, knees, legs, elbows and even your head to take out opponents. Body tracking allows for accurate dodging and blocking of incoming strikes delivering players directly into the game.
– Brutal Fighting System
– Unleash a chain of attacks with Fighters Uncaged’s multi-layered combo system based on deadly martial art techniques.
– Deliver devastating super strikes triggered by both movement and voice-activated commands.
– Execute merciless finishing moves to completely destroy opponents.
Deep Skill Based Fighting System
– Use skill to learn your opponents fighting style and cruelly exploit their weaknesses.
– Adapt your fighting style by moving closer to your opponent for stronger attacks, and alter your position to defend yourself as your every action is tracked.
– Drive your enemies to the brink of defeat by stunning, exhausting and blinding them before releasing ruthless vengeance.
Enter into the Cutthroat World of Illegal Fighting Tournaments
– Battle ruthless opponents each trained in a different deadly fighting style.
– Fight through 21 diverse and gritty locations that react dynamically to the action.
Become a Master Fighther
– Fighters Uncaged’s training system will allow for novice players to instantly enjoy the action. Experienced gamers can go deeper, learning the moves of a fighting master and pulverizing all opponents.
– Access the tutorial system at any time to learn how to deploy lethal blows and receive tactical advice and hints.
– Players receive accolades for their achievements and can collect over 50 game achievements.
Check out the video below courtesy of Xboxic.