1) Introduce yourself: Name. Age/ Profession
Good day, I’m just a Brooklyn born native, with Panamanian parents. Raised between two states NY and MD. I’m a young adult who is pursuing his dream and making it a reality. I am a professional actor and a recording artist. You can say I am a dynamic solo artist.
2) Why do they call you “The Spanish Kid”?
They call me the Spanish kid because I am Panamanian and I speak Spanish fluently.
3) People know you via HBO the Wire. How did you get involved with the sitcom?
I was able to get involved in the sitcom because I was prepared for the opportunity. I already had my head shots and legit management to get in me in the door. The rest is up to me once given a chance to audition. Its my duty to display talent and excel in my skill when put in front of the producers of the show.
4) How long had you been acting for then, when you got hired?
I been acting all my life but prior to being hired for The Wire, I was a professional actor for 3 years already.
5) What is the most memorable moment while shooting?
Simply being able to work with some of the best actors, writers and directors. Filming The Wire was an experience that I would never forget. I saw Baltimore in its truest form.
6) Now, you are also known for your musical skills, was Music always part of your life?
Very much so, actors imitate music. I love the elements of music. Its so universal.
7) When did you decide to take it seriously?
I started to take music seriously @ the age of 21 years old. I always took acting seriously since childhood. These are two huge passions of mines.
8) Who are your biggest influences til this day?
My influences are not really people, more of my personal struggle and my experiences in life. If we had to point fingers to an human being I would say my father and mother helped me become a better and wise man.
9) Did you have a mentor, while coming up on the scene?
Unfortunately I didn’t have a mentor while coming up in the scene. I literally had to step back and analyze the game myself. I had and still have supportive friends that give me advice but no mentor.
10) Tell us about the latest project you just dropped?
The latest project I just dropped was “Ring Side Seats: The Weigh In” which was presented by Yo Raps, illroots and Thisis50.com. It was basically an ode to Hip Hop. All the records were produced by Black Jab, a Baltimore based producer. I’m currently working on my EP called “The Panamanian Summer”, recently release the first single “Addicted.”
11) What is your favorite venue in NYC to perform at?
I would have to say, SOBs.
12) You’ve also performed out-of-state, tell us what’s different between the crowd there and the NYC audience?
Having the opportunity to perform out of state as an aspiring artist is a blessings because that shows u have fans in different markets. The energy is a little different because this is there only chance to physically see you oppose via Youtube or a website. Out of state shows are fun and energetic.
13) Who’s one artist you would really love to collaborate with?
To be honest I will love to collaborate with Seal.
14) Where do you see yourself next year?
With my will and faith in God, I see myself in a better position than before. Bigger artist, bigger brand and bigger platform.
15) Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
In the next 5 years I see myself as an official executive of my own company in the entertainment field. I don’t want to predict where I would be because things happen in life but I can say progression is being made and I’m not planning to let down my family, friends and myself.
16) Any last words?
Live well with pride, love life with faith and laugh often with joy !! Make sure you download my latest single “Addicted” from iTunes and request the record @ your local radio stations. Thank you all for the love and support. Hit me @itspanamababy