The restaurant scene is ever changing in Baltimore with doors being shut and new doors being opened. Here is the latest in regards to the new, up and coming and closed in the Baltimore restaurant scene:
- The Brass Elephant is going on the auction block on August 3rd (according to The Baltimore Business Journal)
- Helen’s Garden owners are retiring and will be open until at least mid-August
- Dogwood is now open for lunch
- Café Gourmet sandwich shop at 1 N. Charles St has closed
- Attman’s Deli has opened a new location at the Warehouse at Oriole Park/Camden Yards on the ground floor level (333 W. Camden Street. This location is open Monday through Fridays at 8 a.m. for a full breakfast, and from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. for lunch. When going to an Oriole’s game, this 160 seat restaurant is open to ticket holders. Offers free parking during the week which is located right in front of the deli.
- Two Boots is open at Power Plant Live (30 Market Place) serving pizza, salads and po’boys.. They’re throwing a party to welcome themselves to the neighborhood and better introduce their yummy pizza to the masses. So come on down on July 27th, grab some free slices, enjoy live music by the Whiskeyhickon Boys, check out the exclusive installation by the American. The soft opening was July 15th. Also offers a kids pizza making station.
- Haute Dog ~ Fabulous Franks on Falls has been opened by Daniel Raffel, owner of A la Carte Distinctive Catered Affairs. The Haute Dog Signature Dog is a ¼ pound Berk’s certified Angus Beef hot dog finished with homemade tomato and onion jam, served on a grilled bun. Every day, in addition to the HD Signature Dog there will be a variety of others like the Baltimore Dog (pork with Old Bay), the Binkert’s Dog (changes weekly and produced locally by Binkerts’ Sausage makers), the traditional beef dog, a tofu “pup” (for the vegetarians). And, every week a well known local chef will create the Chef Dog: Chef Christian deLutis, Chef Rayon Klum, Chef Gayle Brier, Chef Spike Gerjde and Sascha are just a few of the acclaimed chefs that have signed on to create signature dogs. Haute Dogs will range in price from $2-$5 (Some of the Chef Dog specials may be more). The Haute Dog Carte will employ three different styles of preparation; European steam, roller grill and charcoal grill. Two fabulous rolls will be served, the skewer toasted roll and traditional warm sliced roll. Tuesday – Saturday from 11:00 – 2:30
- Shula’s Steak House located in the Sheraton City Center closed. Shula’s Sports Bar remains open daily for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Suburban House Restaurant in Pikesville is reopening today- July 19, 2010 (was closed due to fire damage)
- Parkside Fine Food and Spirits in Hamilton closed its doors last week
- Charm City Food Tours- the newest way to experience Baltimore’s culinary scene. Each tour combines history, architecture, culture, and local cuisine from family owned restaurants and shops in the area’s historic neighborhoods.
- Sandella’s Flatbread Café opened at 3202 St. Paul Street
For more info: you can subscribe to email notices, email me at [email protected], find me on Facebook or follow me on twitter @BmoreRestaurant- check out my review map, my review listand my events calendar for local restaurant events