The following ingredients can all be found at a Giant Eagle grocery store. The Giant Eagle on SR 82 in North Royalton is one of the many Cleveland locations you can find everything you need for these kid-easy dessert recipes.
*The following recipes have been taken from the Jell-O & Cool Whip Summer Desserts cookbook.
Frozen Coolwich (Summer Desserts cookbook, 50)
1/2 cup hot fudge dessert topping
10 graham crackers, broken in half (20 squares)
2 cups thawed Cool Whip
1/4 cup sprinkles
1. Spread hot fudge evenly on 10 graham cracker
2. Cover the remaining 10 graham cracker squares with 3/4-inch layer of cool whip; press remaining graham crackers fudge side down. Press crackers together lightly to secure.
3. Roll or lightly press edges in sprinkles.
4. Freeze for 4 hours, up overnight. Wrap individually.
Nilla Nibbles (Summer Dessert cookbook, 78)
4 Nilla Wafers
2 tbs thawed Cool Whip
2 medium strawberries, halved
1. Spread 1 ½ tsp of whip cream on cookie. Top with 1 strawberry half.
2. Serve immediately
*Nilla wafers can be substituted with reduced fat Nilla wafers, and Cool Whip can be substituted for Cool Whip Lite.