Bioware has released patch v1.04 for Dragon Age: Origins and Dragon Age: Origins – Awakening for the PC.
The patch chiefly corrects numerous bugs in both games and introduces a few performance improvements. If you are installing or re-installing both games, Bioware recommends installing the 1.04 patch after Dragon Age: Origins – Awakening (if you are installing it). Otherwise not all files will be patched properly.
Xbox 360 and PS3 players will get the patch from their respective networks “soon” according to Bioware’s web site.
A complete list of changes is below, and the PC patch can be downloaded here.
- On the PC, sometimes an achievement image and message would not display properly. This has been fixed.
- Fixed some authorization issues with downloadable content
- Blood talents from the Grey Warden Base premium downloadable content now work properly in other modules.
- Installing new downloadable content no longer leaves the Other Campaigns selection grayed-out.
- Multiple transitions in and out of Fade areas were multiplying the number of visual effects running, which slowed down gameplay. This no longer occurs.
- Fixed pick-pocketing. Characters were successfully stealing, but not receiving any items.
- Floating numbers no longer appear over the player’s head.
- Damage statistics are now being updated properly on the Inventory screen when weapons are unequipped.
- Names with accents and special characters now show up correctly in the “Story So Far” load hints.
- Switching between Dragon Age: Origins and Dragon Age: Origins – Awakening no longer resets options to default settings.
- Selling too many items to the same merchant no longer corrupts the save files.
- Screenshots were being uploaded automatically on the PC by default on new installations. This no longer happens.
- Importing a character to a new module from a save game that did not have the hero in the party caused the game to crash. This is fixed.
- Imported characters to Dragon Age: Awakening now start the game with equipment and clothing on.
- A number of memory leaks have been fixed, which will reduce the frequency of crashes.
- Audio drivers have been updated to fix a number of audio-related crashes.
- Fixed a number of issues with portraits not being uploaded correctly to the BioWare social site.
Dragon Age: Origins Fixes
- Fixed an issue with the wrong characters appearing in Morrigan’s ritual.
- Players who rescued their party members in the Fade of the Broken Circle plot are no longer forced to fight the sloth demon alone.
- It is no longer possible for the player to get blocked during gameplay by pursuing both candidates’ quests in the Orzammar plot line.
Dragon Age: Origins – Awakening Fixes
- Fixed a variety of bugs related to party members’ approval and personal quests not triggering.
- Lillith will now only thank the player once at Vigil’s Keep after being rescued.
- During the Assault on Amaranthine, a bug would occasionally make some enemies invincible, which impeded game progress. This no longer happens.
- Players may now receive notes of appreciation from former love interests.
- Masterpiece and paragon silverite runes are now weapon runes instead of armor runes.
- The masterpiece slow rune is now available for purchase from merchant stores.
- Imported rogue characters now properly detect traps.
- The message, “Legacy tattoo asset do not use!” no longer appears on the face of some imported characters.
[All images provided by Bioware]