The Dallas Producers Association has an great meeting set up for July and the topic will focus on the Business of Corporate & Commercial Production in July! The monthly meeting takes place on Tuesday, July 6th, at IdeaMan Studios. A panel will discuss the current business environment, trends, challenges and opportunites in the corporate & commercial markets.
The group of panelists include:
- Russ Jolly, 214 Media (moderator)
- Don Stokes, Post Asylum
- Massoum Mirzaei, Magic Video
- David Maddox, IdeaMan Studios
- Chad Briggs, Element X Creative
Attendees will learn about the ins, outs, ups and downs of this vital segment of production. Facebook members can RSVP at this link and are welcome to invite others to come by clicking: “Invite People to Come”
IdeaMan Studios has recently relocated and expanded its operations to include a new 44’ x 45’ sound stage with chroma cyc, edit suites, voice over booth, conference room, and production offices.
La Grange will be catering the event with their “make your own” taco bar with lime grilled chicken and beer braised pulled pork with fixings, roasted Garlic Hummus with Pita triangles, and prosciutto wrapped asparagus. There will also be wine and a unique Hawaiian shaved ice machine to enjoy as you network with production professionals.
Wines will be graciously provided by Barefoot Wine.
To recap — because it would be folly for anyone in the industry to miss this meeting:
1) Important Business Topic
2) Talented Panel
3) Networking & Wine
4) Location – IdeaMan Studios
5) Unique Drinks and Food
This event is FREE to DPA Members. Guests are welcome but will pay a modest $15 cover. Non-members can sign up for membership at the meeting and receive a FREE Texas Incentive DVD. A presentation on the new Texas Moving Image Industry Incentive Program by Bob Hudgins, Director of the Texas Film Commission has been combined with Texas Incentive documents and website addresses on this DVD. It is an excellent source of information on the Incentive Program, what types of productions qualify, how to apply for incentives, and much more.
Tuesday, July 6, 2010
6pm to 7pm – Networking
7pm to 9pm – Program
DPA Members – FREE
Guests – $15
166 Express Street
Dallas, Texas 75207
IDEAMAN STUDIOS is a full-service film production company located in Dallas, Texas. This production facility offers cutting-edge production equipment – including the RED ONE with Mysterium X upgrade – 44’ x 45’ sound stage with chroma cyc, edit suites, voice over booth, conference room, and production offices. These are just some of the highlights of this robust 15,000 square foot studio facility. IdeaMan is staffed by award-winning talent and specializes in film production, digital cinema, corporate, and commercial productions. www.IdeaManStudios.com
- SHARE THIS: If you enjoyed this article, please use the “SHARE THIS” feature below to e-mail it to your friends, or post it to your favorite social networking site like Facebook, Twitter, or Digg.
- SUBSCRIBE: You can also receive an email alert when new articles are available by clicking on the “SUBSCRIBE” button above.
- CASTING / CREW CALL – PRESS RELEASE ~ PRODUCT REVIEW: Have a casting / crew call, press release or product to be reviewed that is related to Dallas filmmaking? Email details to: Raine Devries.