July 17, 2010 Second2None @ Expo 5, Derby Park, Louisville, KY
Brandon Schoenbachler (Team Ironman) vs. Ian Kahl (Team Ironman) (Grappling) (Both trained by Martin McShane who is also judging the fights.)
Ian Kahl def. Brandon Schoenbachler 1-0 (Best 2/3 submissions, one 5-minute round)
Jeff Young (Derby City MMA) vs. Richard Myers (Independent) (Lightweight)
Jeff Young def. Ricky Myers via submission in Round 1
Andrew Ward (Independent) vs. Adam Hammond ( Independent) (Bantamweight)
Andrew Ward def. Adam Hammond in Round 2 via submission.
Tony Spencer (Derby City MMA) vs. Steven Williams (Independent) (Lightweight)
Tony Spencer def. Steve Williams via submission in Round 1
Chad Hardy (Derby City MMA) vs. Houston Million (Porto de Carro) (Grappling)
Houston Million def. Chad Hardy 2-0 (Best 2/3 submissions, one 5-minute round)
Matt Holthaus (Derby City MMA) vs. Levi Arnold (Independent)(Welterweight)
Matt Holthaus def. Levi Arnold via TKO in Round 1
Jeff Sawyer (Derby City) vs. Vince Armstrong (Independent) (Welterweight)
Jeff Sawyer def. Vince Armstrong via submission in Round 1
Mike Blanco (Derby City MMA) vs. Nick Doloss (Light Heavyweight)
Mike Blanco def. Nick Doloss via TKO in Round 2
Brandon Sandefur (Derby City MMA) vs. David Hoffman (Louisville Elite Combat) (Lightweight)
Brandon Sandefur def. David Hoffman via TKO in Round 2
Kevan Avery (Derby City MMA) vs. Pete Prather (Independent) (Welterweight)
Kevan Avery def. Pete Prather via submission in Round 1
Nick “Chewy” Albin (Derby City MMA) vs. Shala Anthoney Edwards (SSF) (Professional Light Heavyweight)
Nick “Chewy” Albin def. Shala Anthoney Edwards via submission in Round 1 (1:29)
Part 1 of KentuckianaMMA’s coverage (extended)
Part 2 of KentuckianaMMA’s coverage (extended)
KentuckianaMMA.com event gallery (630+ images)
- Both of the Second2None amateur Championship fights were canceled:
- David Gaus vs. Rob Smith (Bantamweight Championship) – Fight canceled because David Gaus did not show up. No additional details were made available.
- Cody Bruce vs. Orlando Smith (Middleweight Championship) – Orlando Smith backed out of the fight due to a dispute over Cody Bruce’s weight before the fight.
- Submisssion of the Night honors were given to Ian Kahl for his victory in his grappling match against Brandon Schoenbachler
- Fight of the Night honors went to Mike Blanco and Nick Doloss.
- Derby City MMA put on an impressive performance tonight, winning all eight of their MMA bouts.
- Nick “Chewy” Albin’s win moves his professional record to 2-0. Combined with his 7-0 amateur record, he remains undefeated in his MMA career.
- Second2None Cage Fights will have their next show on August 7, 2010 in Brandenburg, KY.
- Todd Neal (Kentucky Boxing and Wrestling Authority) announced in the fighter meeting that Bellator Fighting Championships has asked the KBWA to submit their event results directly to Bellator. It appears that the organization is looking for more local talent to fill up their local undercard for the 9/23/2010 event at “4th Street Live!” in Louisville, KY.
- Nick “Chewy” Albin’s impressive performance should put him on Bellator’s radar for a light heavyweight bout on the local undercard.