Singer Carrie Fisher (née Underwood) splashed around in the relaxing aquamarine waters of Bora Bora, Tahiti, with new husband Mike Fisher on July 12.
Carrie, 27, and Mike, 30, were married July 10, 2010 at the Ritz Carlton Reynolds Plantation in Greensboro, Ga., before 200 friends and family members, reports Us.
Underwood, who will use her married name, Carrie Fisher, going forward, wore a Chantilly lace Monique Lhuillier gown as she spoke her wedding vows under a lakeside tent. Carrie and Mike, a hockey player with the Ottawa Senators, had dated for a year and a half.
WEDDING MENU: SOUTHERN FOOD + CUPCAKES
Underwood, who’s from Oklahoma, has long proclaimed her love of fried Southern food, which was featured at her elegant wedding, along with festive cupcakes.
“The wedding was gorgeous,” said a waiter who worked the event. “The food had a Southern flavor and there were delicious cupcakes. There was a lot of eating and a lot of drinking. It was a big party!”
Carrie, who vaulted to pop music stardom after winning American Idol in 2005, underwent a dramatic makeover, shedding 20 pounds shortly after winning the reality tv competition.
The 5’3″ Underwood, who now weighs about 110 pounds, slimmed down by following a low-calorie, vegetarian diet consisting of veggie burgers and soy-based sausages and running on the treadmill.
“When I gain weight, it’s in the spare-tire area,” says Underwood. “I’ve told trainers abs are a physical impossibility for me. And every single time, they’re like, ‘Well, we’ll get you abs!’ So do I have them? No! But they’re as flat as they’re probably going to get.”
In addition to isometric exercises, running and kickboxing, Carrie also does exercise DVD workouts.
“Jillian Michaels‘ videos will kick your butt,” says Underwood. “She’s my trainer, and she doesn’t even know it!”
See more Celebrity Fitness/Health News:
- Carrie Underwood: A morning cardio workout makes me happier all day
- Chelsea Clinton’s stunning wedding makeover: Weight loss & plastic surgery
- Drew Carey shows off stunning 80-pound weight loss (photos + video)
- Jersey Shore star Mike The Situation: How I got ‘my unbelievable six-pack’
- Julia Roberts: I gained almost 10 pounds filming ‘Eat Pray Love’
- Jennifer Aniston shares beauty, fitness secrets: ‘Wrinkles don’t bother me’
- Valerie Bertinelli: How I maintain my 40-pound weight loss at age 50 (photos)
- Angelina Jolie: Staying healthy and aging gracefully is really important to me
- Super-skinny Angelina Jolie ate a high-carb, low-protein diet for Salt, says trainer
- Kim Kardashian has made curves and cellulite acceptable, say editors (photos)