Capcom Entertainment, Inc., a leading worldwide developer and publisher of video games, today announced that Mega Man UniverseTM is coming to Xbox LIVE® online entertainment network and PlayStation®Store. Mega Man Universe, the latest entry in Capcom’s long-running Mega Man® series, will be a revolutionary take on the seminal classic, setting course for a new chapter in classic gaming.
Mega Man games are beloved by fans all over the world. Since their debut in 1987, Mega Man has remained a videogame icon, having starred in more than 140 titles over the last 22 years. The connection he’s made with pop culture at large has extended beyond games and into cartoons, toys, clothing, comics, kid’s meals, and more. Part of that popularity is driven by the series’ ability to evolve over time yet consistently retain the addictive gameplay experience that sets Mega Man games apart.
For the next chapter in this legacy of excellence, Capcom aims to deliver the most creative Mega Man experience yet. In Mega Man Universe, imagination is the star of the game.
“We are thrilled to finally be able to announce Mega Man Universe,” said Kenji Inafune, Head of Research and Development Management for Capcom Entertainment. “This game will break the mold and challenge the conventional wisdom of what a Mega Man game can be. When fans finally get to see it, I believe they’ll envision their most far-out Mega Man dreams coming true.”
Inafune is committed to helping craft a Mega Man experience that meets the highest expectations of Capcom fans. Most recently Mega Man® 10 echoed this fact when its classic design and compelling gameplay made it one of the most sought after digital downloads of the year. Gamers can expect Mega Man Universe to bring the core experience fans want while delivering on the promise of innovation that Capcom is known for. Its official: classic gaming will never be same again.
Visit your local Baltimore, MD, Best Buy, GameStop, Walmart, and Target locations to pick up Xbox Live Points cards or Playstation Network cards and get ready for more Mega Man action!
- Gamestop Power Saver sale
- Video game deal – Bayonetta (PS3) $20
- Video game deal – Call of Duty: World at War $20
- EA’s NCAA Football 11 hits store shelves today
- Atlus releases Etrian Odyssey III: Drowned City trailer
- New Kane & Lynch 2 screenshots
- Modern Warfare 2 Resrugence Pack available for PS3 and PC
- Castlevania: Harmony of Despair gets launch date and new screen shots
- Final Fantasy XIV available for pre-order
- Video game releases 07/05/10
- Video game deal – Red Dead Redemption $45 + free shipping
- Wipeout now available for Nintendo DS and Wii
- Video game deal – Dead Space $10 + free shipping
- Video game deal – Gamefly June used video game sale
- Video game deal – 1600 Microsoft points card $16.54
- Video game deal – Blur (Xbox 360 & PS3( $10 or $20) YMMV
- Gamestop – Buy 2 Get 1 Free used video game sale
- Toys R Us drops Xbox 360 price and offers free gift card
- PopCap announces Bejeweled 2 for Nintendo WiiWare
- SEGA’s Conduit 2 will support WiiMotion Plus
- SEGA brings Dreamcast games to Xbox Live and Playstation Network
- Capcom announces E3 lineup
- Activision announces DJ Hero 2
- Toys R Us offers three free games with PSPgo