Energy Brokers help business owners and corporations to reduce Electric cost per Kilowatt Hour (KWH). The process is simple, saves you money, and it is free. An Energy Broker provides a service that works like a reverse auction. Here is some background that will be useful in taking the next steps…
Start your stopwatch and read on…
Electricity is at a ten year low. Have you received any calls from your existing provider with “good news, we want to lower the rate you are paying for Electricity?” I did not think so. Typically, businesses are on a variable rate KWH plan. These rates change monthly which helps the Energy Companies make money. Now is the time to look at the fixed rate usage plans and multi-year contracts. A multi-year contract will allow you to “lock in” to the 10 year low. If you have multiple locations that are currently billed individually, you will be able to leverage all the locations to receive more of a discount because greater usage lowers cost per KWH.
As a Business owner, you want the most competitive rates for your Electric use without spending your time and resources checking rates. We provide a no cost analysis of Electric Bills against the current market rates. We have relationships with all the top retail energy providers. This creates competition which in most cases we are able to reduce this expense by at least 20% if not more.
– David DiStefano, President, IPOWER6
How it works….
• Gather 3 months of bills: this allows the Broker to build a usage profile to submit to the Utility Companies.
• Sign a Letter of Authorization (LOA): The letter of authorization allows the Broker to represent you with the various Utilities to receive pricing. The Energy Broker will provide this form. For more sophisticated scenarios (like Hotels, Manufacturers) it is used to gather more bills directly from the existing Utility Provider and payment history. This letter is not a contract and will not commit you to the Broker.
• Review the Offers and sign Contract: After the usage profile is completed and sent to the utility companies, in 5 to 7 business days you will have a quote with provider, price, term of contract, and savings percentages. There is no obligation at this point. If you are presented with an offer you like, be ready to move forward.
Be ready to pull the trigger
Electricity prices fluctuate daily. The offers extended to you are only good for that trading day. If you do not make a decision, then the bids will have to be re-priced to the market rate. The savings and terms of the service should be significant enough that it is an easy decision. Third party verification companies will conference in with you to review the order and complete the order process. This is in place to confirm the terms of the order.
After you switch, in 3 to 4 weeks you will see the lower rate. There is not a disruption of service, no lines to install, and no need for new equipment. The bill is exactly the same and so is the customer service number for billing questions, address changes, change of service, and emergency service calls.
Competition within the electric industry can create enormous benefits to consumers. Just as you choose which cell phone provider you use, or who supplies your Internet, you can now harness that same power of choice with your energy provider.
– David DiStefano, President, IPOWER6
If you are currently spending over $2,500.00 a month on you Electric bill, you are going to be very happy with the results of this service. Consider buying from a renewable Energy Provider. Renewable Energy Providers generate electricity through wind, water, and sun. The cost may be higher to buy from these sources, but there are incentives, tax breaks, that can net your KWH cost below market. This might take more then 15 minutes, but you can give your company the “Green” label.
For more info: For a list of Energy Brokers, sample letters of Authorization, and other useful information e-mail me.