Beach inspired decorating is one of the most casual and relaxed interiors that you will ever experience. It helps to de-stress, taking the focus off tasks and responsibilities while placing an emphasis on rejuvenation. Oftentimes, many believe they cannot create this style without first being in a beach setting. Whether you have a beach home (or waterfront property), it does not matter. Here are a few tips to help you achieve a coastal style interior.
The Color Palette
Your color palette should be both easy breathing and calming. When looking for color inspirations, take a look outside. Colors like coral, sand, and other sea-inspired shades paired against neutrals will give your space a pop of color without being overbearing. Don’t want to use bright blues? Navy is a popular summer color for its stately look and nautical inspirations. Teal is another great choice as it shines without being too intense.
Decorating Ideas & Tips
- Declutter, declutter, declutter! Summer decorating evokes a relaxed atmosphere void of distractions. Create a clutter-free environment by removing excess accessories like seating (will discuss later), table decor, and reading material. If you would like to showcase some summer reading, choose only a few books/magazines to display
From Harmony & Home Blog
- Do you have the standard living room layout with a sofa and two (boxed) chairs? If so, exchange your existing furniture with seasonal styles. Open up your space by storing away your side seating. Choose summer seating favs like wicker and casual seating. If you still would like to use your existing seating, try upholstering them in lightweight summer prints
- “Excavate” your summer decor. Beach style table decor does not have to be purchased in a store! Items like pebbles, stones, and seashells can all be collected on a vacation. Want something more contemporary? Go the extra mile with found branches. Unique bark makes for a wonderful centerpiece
from Ayos: Living Rearrangements Blog
- Fuse color into your design with accent pillows and colored vases
- Swap out your current rug for jute. Jute or natural fiber rugs give your look the outdoor inspiration it needs
West Elm Round Braided Rug
Stay Tuned This Friday As We Reveal Our Favorite Summer Home Decor!
For more info: Stay up to date on all things design by following our Examiner page! You can also catch up on even more interior design tips by reading our blog, and going to our website. Join our Facebook Fanpage or follow us on Twitter for more design updates :)