by Rhonda Kuykendall-Jabari
This article is an introduction to a series exploring aromatherapy recipes that address specific emotional issues related to specific chakras. Anger, fear, insecurity, self-doubt and other emotional conditions are often overlooked and chocked up to a bad day or moodiness. But just like physical ailments, negative and counterproductive emotions are symptomatic of deeper problems. Your emotional state is tied to your energetic body. More specifically, emotions are closely tied to the chakras.
Chakras are energy vortices that gather and distribute data between the non physical world and the physical world. Each chakra governs a set of emotions and certain body parts and organs in the physical body. Learn more about chakras in a previous article, Chakras: An Encyclopedia of Life.
Aromatherapy is an affordable and effective alternative therapy that uses concentrated essential plant oils for therapeutic purposes. Essential oils are aromatic cells located in specific parts of plants. David Stewart, author of Healing Oils of the Bible, states that essential oils are special because they contain the power of God’s word and are “divinely ordained as medicines for God’s children.”
There are many aromatherapy recipes and essential oil blends that address thousands of emotional issues. The recipes in this series are a small sampling of essential oil combinations that shift vibrational frequency to bring energy into alignment with specific feelings.
Pure essential oils are used a few drops at a time. It is best to avoid heat diffusion (oil burners, lamp rings, etc.) because heat changes the property of the oils. An affordable and efficient diffuser was recently on sale at Brookstone, marked down to $29.99 from $49.99. Call a local store to see if it’s in stock, or shop Online at www.brookstone.com.
- Brookstone – Los Angeles/Century City #271: (310) 553-3248
- Brookstone – Torrance/Del Amo Fashion Center #40: (310) 542-9424
- Brookstone – Brea/Brea Mall #123: (714) 257-0118
Aromatherapy Recipes – click on symptoms below for helpful essential oil recipes:
- Lack of Inner Peace, Narrow Mindedness, Self-doubt, : The third eye chakra is located in the center of the forehead and is the control center for intuition. Related emotional issues include narrow mindedness, lack of inner peace and second guessing your divine navigation system (a.k.a. intuition).
- Communication Issues: The throat chakra is the center of self expression and communication. Difficulties in these areas can be helped using these recipes.
- Love Issues: The heart chakra governs the most important emotion of all, love. Imbalances and blockages manifest as lack of compassion, a closed heart, an inability to connect with divinity and an inability to give and receive love.
- Boundary Issues, Disconnected, No Self-control: The solar plexus chakra is located between the navel and the base of the sternum. Emotional issues include disconnection from self, lack of self-control, inability to set healthy boundaries and feelings of powerlessness.
- Creative Block, Lack of Trust or Confidence, Repressed Emotions: Situated at the abdomen, the sacral chakra governs creativity. Some symptoms of imbalance include creative and artistic blocks, repressed emotions, lack of trust and lack of confidence.
- Addiction, Anger, Withdrawal: Located at the base of the spine between the sex organs and the anus, the root chakra is associated with emotions such as addictive behavior, withdrawal and violence.
Follow Twitter.com discussions on this topic using #aromatherapy. Click here to join this Examiner’s Facebook community. Use the subscribe button at the top of this page to be notified of updates to this column.