I’m a big fan of World of WarCraft. My husband and I have been playing for a few years and it’s been quite a bit of fun for both of us. We’re on hiatus at the moment as we have our hands full fixing up a house we bought. Priorities, always getting in the way of my fun! Bah humbug.
Priorities be damned, I’m still keeping up on the goings on with the new Cataclysm expansion. My only gripe so far is that Alliance got stuck with the dog people (werewolves have fleas IMO) while horde got the ever so cool goblins. I was really looking forward to playing a goblin hunter. Little green killing machine with my faithful monkey minion, it was going to be epic.
Alas, that isn’t to be unless I reroll horde and I already paid that faction transfer fee once. So without further ado, I give you my list of 10 things I look forward to in the World of WarCraft: Cataclysm expansion. In no real order or rank, these are:
1. Rated Battle Grounds! I cannot wait to build a team and compete in the battle grounds. My husband is ecstatic as battle grounds are his bread and butter in World of WarCraft. Assemble a raid group and kick butt with other PvP minded players. Awesomesauce!
2. Monkey pets! I love the gorillas as pets and have always had a faithful gorilladin pet for ages. I can’t wait to get my hands on a monkey and see what they can do. Plus, it’s a monkey! If he flings poo, I am so getting him as a pet.
3. Goblins! We get to play goblins. Well, Horde (boo hiss) get to play Goblins. I assume it makes perfect sense because the Alliance already has one of the engineering races. I’m still going to give the stink eye to the Horde.
4. Revamped world maps. Places that were once dry and barren are now under water, cities are expanded, starting points are revamped, old quests get updated. It’s like a whole new game. It should be great fun to explore this new terrain.
5. Flying ability in the older parts of the world. No longer must you travel by ground in Kalimdor or Eastern Kingdoms. Explore this new world by sky! No longer will the Ministry of Useless Expenditures and their celestial steeds be forced to walk in the old maps.
6. New Dungeons! Out with the old 4+ hour 25 man raids and in with the new 10 man 7 boss 2 hour dungeons. They will drop the same gear as the larger raid dungeons with a fraction of the time. Now even the average Joe can have that new big bad weapon to compensate for his much smaller package.
7. Death Knights get their own dedicated tanking tree. Not having a dedicated tanking tree didn’t stop me from making a spec that was perfectly capable of tanking but I can’t wait to see what changes are in store.
8. Expanded Glyph system. I haven’t really been a fan of the glyph system so far, it seemed like something was missing. I felt there should have been more. I was right! Blizzard is adding more depth to this system. Get to farming those pigments now people.
9. Guild leveling and achievements. Get achievements for your guild, some of which will give actual rewards. No longer will the guilds be little more than a drama filled dedicated raid party. Now guilds will need to build a reputation as one that can work together and get things done.
10. New levels to achieve. The Cataclysm expansion allows us to take our characters from level 80 to 85. I’m hoping that this means we will no longer be stuck in the rut of doing the same repeatable daily quests every day. I don’t know about you but I was about ready to build an at home atom bomb and plant it dead center of Ice Crown.